Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

WIP on me Evo (lots of pics)

11K views 97 replies 35 participants last post by  luke_16v 
#1 ·
As some of you may know next week I am getting an engine swap done to the Evo - I've bought a mint 17k TME engine (Tommi Makinen Edition) and having it fitted along with some cool parts below :D :nod:

Current spec is:

4G63 E6.5 engine with ARP rod bolts & head studs
560cc injectors
Tubular heat wrapped manifold
E8 Turbo with 10.5 housing
3" Magnex downpipe
3" de-cat pipe
3" Fujitsubo (top Jap make) Jasma welded exhaust with 4.5" tailpipe
Evo 5 RS ECU (for now)
HKS mushroom filter
Blitz SARD-II BOV
HKS uprated clutch (cant remember model)
Walbro uprated fuel pump
Evo 8 full Brembo brake setup all round
Evo 5 OZ alloys painted in gloss black
Tein adjustable coilovers
Engine, Gearbox, Diff and AYC fluids all changed

Things to come in a couple of months:

Bigger FMIC with hard pipes
GEMS/Autronic Management with some anti-lag - yes please :D :nod:
Apexi AVC-R

How it is at the moment:

Mods going on next week :D

Other mods that have been done over last few months :nod:

HIDS :)

Brembos:

Rallyart Clocks:

JVC DVD system:

See less See more
#2 ·
:D Very nice indeedy.

#13 ·
Yup as RS1 says the 6.5 engine is a lot stronger becuase the 4 engine has a different main bearing setup which makes it weaker, if you went above 350bhp a thing called "crankwalk" or "crankfloat" was more likely to happen = not good! Plus the gudeon pins are smaller on the 4 etc, looks exactly the same but its the internals that are different :beer:

Theres a long story behind the TME engine, but I got it at a damm good price as the chap selling it is having a 2.4 stroker engine built with a GT35r turbo and needed funds quick time and I was in the right place at the right time! ;)

I want a solid reliable car that will take 370-400bhp all day long without complaining too much and with the 4 lump I would never be confident of that! :eek:

And no the 4's had 2 pot brakes and it was the 5 onwards that had the 4-pot Brembo setup.
A full setup off a 8 came up at a good price that had only covered 10k miles so I thought it would be rude not to purchase! :cool:

I've done all my research anyway and getting the parts at a good price so not going tooo mad, the management is what will hurt my pocket! well if I go Autronics anyway lmao

#27 · (Edited)
Yeah I think it was 6", i got it off TFS, it was huge!

I see you got my picture text!
Huge was indeed an understatement lmao

Anyway, apologies for the thread deviation, lol

#30 ·
Car went in Tuesday for Engine swap, should have had it back today but had a couple of teething problems like oil cooler unions are different on a 4 engine to the 6.5, Doh! :cry:

Had a choice of either taking the oil filter housing off my old engine and bolting it on or having some custom pipes made up!
The oil filter housing would be a git to swap because one of the bolts for it is behind the cam belt cover which would mean the aux belt and tensioner would need to come off etc etc which is all labour so it worked out cheaper to leave the 6.5 housing on there and have some custom hoses made up which is cool but costly :(

They just need to fit the uprated pump now and swap the ECU over and do some testing and all should be good! :)

Will get some pics and report back tomorrow when I should hopefully have it back (if I can afford the bloody bill) :lol: :lol:

Just need some management and a bigger FMIC and I will be sorted :nod:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.