Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

A question for the Zafira GSi drivers. What are you getting mpg round town and on a run. I have only had the car since last Friday and the first 300 miles has shown an average 18.3mpg

Admittedly its been tootling round town but even then it seems a bit poor. Should I expect it to improve when the engine loosens up a bit?

Thanks guys.

Jeff

·
Registered
16,891 Posts
yup sounds about right to me, inc the occasional blat when needed ;) (cant help it) mine gets around 34 on the m/way doin a steady 60. anymore than that speed wise and u wont get any economy. ur gona have to get an in dash dvd player to take ur mind off the fiat 500's and the citroen diane's passing you lmao

had a great drive around tonight (music was kept low stealth style) cool summer air, some nice girlies about :eek: just cruising ;) and having a beer right now... i lurve the summer

u got any pics of said zafy mate???

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did I mention my first kill?

Was taking a mate out who had until recently owned an Evo IV that had been tinkered with. He was impressed with the Zaf' until the point where Mr Saab 9-3 1.8T cut us up. At this point I decided to 'follow' Mr Saab and I was surprised to see he wasn't pulling away. Not as surprised as Mr Saab was when I passed him easily while smiling *down* at him. After that point, said mate was mightily impressed.... God I love this car....

Pics, yep I got pics but no idea how to get them on here...

Jeff

·
Registered
16,891 Posts
yup i have a bmw 325i scalp, doin 120 ish on the 25 was all over his boot... he had no choice but to move over... comin through!!!!!! lmao

people just dont expect it... the element of surprise is fun ;)

is it a car, is it a van, is it an mpv..... nope its a gsi, get used to it :p

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I almost had a Skoda Octavia vRS. *Luckily* I wandered into a Vx dealer and test drove this car. So far I feel I made the right choice...

My only gripe is the crappy stereo. Time to upgrade I think.

Jeff

·
Registered
16,891 Posts
DonkeyOaty said:
I almost had a Skoda Octavia vRS. *Luckily* I wandered into a Vx dealer and test drove this car. So far I feel I made the right choice...

My only gripe is the crappy stereo. Time to upgrade I think.

Jeff
dont go there, i just spent £1,250 on an in dash dvd and 7" screen, now its backed up with £1,200 of rockfords finest... and that dont include the 4x screens... another £600 :eek:

i only just got mi c/card back :rolleyes: oops er that must be obayed let me have it back lmao

·
Registered
16,891 Posts
Fenix said:
You wait until you go down the tuning route. scalps get silly then. Leegsi surprised and p*ssed off a Golf R32 and Audi TT225 on the way back from that AMD day.
oo yes the shape of things to come :D i'd expect them kind of scalps with nigh on (iirc) 250bhp. his is looking just sooooo nice atm, good on him too. matts is a minter with loads of toys and now with rims ;) and nigh on 250bhp.... god i realy need to get under that bonnet lmao but matt did have a few problems chasing the tdi fabia from amd... as did we all i think lol lmao

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
Yeah CarlP & myself fell way behind in the veccy v6 and Carls not shy with the loud pedal especially going round bends.

Nowt wrong with losing out to a 200+BHp 320ftlb's 1100kg car though even if it is a skoda :eek:

·
Registered
668 Posts
Fenix said:
Yeah CarlP & myself fell way behind in the veccy v6 and Carls not shy with the loud pedal especially going round bends.

Nowt wrong with losing out to a 200+BHp 320ftlb's 1100kg car though even if it is a skoda :eek:
Yes thats right we were forced to eat the skodas soot! lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi my gsi has just gone over 100,000 miles thiis week
02 plate had it from new
travels from ipswich to carlisle every week
good job the company fuel card comes in handy
on a good caning have seen the computer down as far as 12mpg
at sixtyish around 32 -33 mpg
but then who drives thwm at sixtyish
only probs in two years are one water pump!! done under warranty adn replaced the cam belt and tensioners at the same time
well surprised with tyre longevity as i manage to get 35-40000 from the michelins, admittedly they are very slick in appearance towards the end!!!
still looks good but was dissapointed with stone chipping right from the very beginning - arden
a very good 8 out of ten overall
was a died in the wool ford man but will stay with the zaf next time
drakey
ps have shocked a few people as well
auid a4 bmw 325/328
mondeos not even close!!!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
5 weeks old and I've just clocked 2,200 miles. Which is bad considering I walk to work ! Bloody school runs...

Anyway, I have been averaging 26-27 on a run until today. Got 32mpg average and the only thing I can put it down to is the oil & filter change I had yesterday. Swapped the stock Vx oil for Mobil 1 0w-40.

Sound feasible?

Jeff

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Evil said:
Can't you guys just get some of your fuel costs back from your passengers??
Some of the passengers are paid to travel... It isn't called the 8angbus for nothing...

PS - Now getting 24 round town and 31 on a run on the motorway at say 75-80. Soon as I start to hoof it, consumption drops to 24-25 on the motorway.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.