Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening guys, hope everyone is well.

Im looking for a bit of guidance, im going to put as much detail as i can to give you guys the best chance of kindly advising me.

I bought a zafira gsi z20let before xmas. I love the car but, with my usual luck it broke down the day after i bought it. The dials went mad and it just died. I luckily managed to find the fault myself which was a bad earth to the ecu. Replaced that with a wire directly from the ecu to the negative on the battery and all was good again. The problem i have with the car now is i have a misfire. The car hesitates and misfires at low revs. It also pops and backfires out of the exhaust occasionally on hard boost. The car is definitely running rich as well. The spanner light is on, as is the TC light. I've replaced the maf and the coilpack to no avail. Other information that may be relevant, i checked the plugs and they aren't irridium. The earth mod appears to have been done, however really badly, the wires aren't wrapped and they have just been wound together, not soldered etc. The car does have modifications including vxr turbo, fully decatted, crossover delete, aircon delete, rear bcs delete, upgraded recirc, front mount intercooler etc. It doesnt have a dump valve. There's no sign of any overheating, excessive oil use etc. I'm almost certain it's some kind of electrical fault. Where would you guys suggest i start. Also should mention, pedal test gives no codes, it just flashes the light constantly with no breaks whenever I've tried to do it. My code reader also gives no codes. I'm thinking along the lines of plugs, coolant temp sensor, map sensor may be? I'm going to try and sort the terrible attempt at the earth mod tomorrow. Does any of the problems I'm having maybe lean towards one problem more than the other. Id really appreciate any advice. Thank you

1 - 2 of 2 Posts