Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some help, fitted a z20let from a zaf gsi into my 1.3 diesel corsa van. Car runs and drives but on idle it has a burble (misfire) and when you take it out and give it some it’s misfiring really badly removed the plugs and 1,2 and 4 are all clean, cylinder 3 plug is very black, ordered some brand new BR7EIX NGK. Was reading that o ring and rocker gasket can leak oil into the plugs but I have replaced the rocker gasket but not the o rings. just looking to see if anyone else has had this problem, gonna replace plugs and coilpack to see what that does.

thanks

·
Registered
486 Posts
Let us know how you get on once you have tried new plugs and coil pack. Next step would be a compression test, I would suggest.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi mate,

done a compression test when I first got the engine,1 -175, 2-150, 3-150, 4-175.

Would you say that they were to low on 2 and 3 ?

Cheers

·
Registered
493 Posts
done a compression test when I first got the engine,1 -175, 2-150, 3-150, 4-175.
sounds like theres no spark on number 3, and over-fueling.
as you mentioned - oil down the plug holes, covering the plugs, inside the plug leads, and on the coil contacts, can effect the spark, if its everywhere. the springs inside the leads can get corroded too. check for green crusty cack on the metals.

you could try swapping plugs 2 and 3 around, to see if its a bad spark plug. they sometimes have hair line cracks in the ceramic. obviously clean everything up, thats covered in oil.

the coils sometimes go bad. which is more noticeable, when theres load on the engine.
cheap aftermarket coil packs, can sometimes cause dodgy running as well.

i think the plugs and coil, that youve already ordered, should sort your problem out.

regarding the comp test - i did mine a couple weeks ago, it was 160 on all 4. yours is pretty similar. higher and lower, not as closely grouped, but just about within tolerance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts