cylinder 2=168 psi
cylinder 3= 90 psi
cylinder 4= 170 psi

soooo, whats up with my engine :beer:

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so if it was a stuck/bent valve or head gasket id see this by taking the head of, but if it is the rings i take it ill will need the pistons out, another thing iv noticed is the turbo water pipe bubble,fizz alot when hot and im getting loads of pressure in the header tank

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
so if it was a stuck/bent valve or head gasket id see this by taking the head of, but if it is the rings i take it ill will need the pistons out, another thing iv noticed is the turbo water pipe bubble,fizz alot when hot and im getting loads of pressure in the header tank
You could take the head off to see if its valves or head gasket, pressure test it ect but If you empty your oil out and put all pistons half way down the bore and put diesel in each one, If cylinder 3 which looks the suspected one drains the diesel first then you know its piston rings.

From what you've said though it sounds like headgasket as the water system is getting pressurised.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
iv had 2 mechanics have a look and both said its either rings or a melted piston, is there any way of telling if its a cracked block ?

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ill get it tested when i get it out and all stripped down, it was rebuilt by vauxhall 8k ago, its still under waranty but im not wanting it rebuilt with standard parts

·
Registered
9,358 Posts
i'd get it done under warrenty, then afterwards pull apart and fit uprated parts, at least you will know that if the block is fuked they will have to replace it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, going to check compression on a gsiT id fancy buying next week. What is the correct compression reading , if there is any, or should i just look for consistancy?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Consistency is key, but anything over 165 PSI isn't too bad for a z20let. As long as you get less than 10 PSI variance across all 4, it shouldn't be far off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts