Discussion Starter #1
What did you drive first then?

Mine was a 850cc Mini bought for the pricely sum of £80 when I was 16

By the time I was 17 it looked like this

All my own work bar the paint.

·
Registered
466 Posts
My first car was the family hand-me-down Mini 850.
The first car I bought myself was a Fiat 124 ST from an auction for £100. Not a bad car really, had 1400cc twin cam engine putting out 90 bhp.

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
Ross, that mini looks spot on mate! nice job :cool:

my first car (which i still have with my age!) is a cavalier GL undergoing major surgery to fit a 2.0 16v engine and look like a cav gsi - heres a recent pic of it in project stage!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had a Mini 1275 GT, Had that about a year then Bought a Vauxhall Magnum 2.3
I wonder how many of you young pups remember them. :D

·
Registered
13,205 Posts
My Cavs my first car.

And I remember the Magnum 2.3!!! My mum had one as her runabout (she was a bit of a girl-racer) used to love it. Thats part of the reason I got me Firenza..... and I hope I'm still a young pup at 21 :p

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
J-reg Peugot 205 trio which i nicked off my dad went quite well for a 954cc, i paid £50 towards it

H-reg Rover Metro as a temp car as i didnt have a car for ages after someone rammed into the back of my car at a set of red traffic lights

Now i own my mk2 astra whic i payed for myself last march £250 with no TAX, radio and a couple of other things wrong now all fixed

i also own a white mk2 astra which i payed £150 for with 8 months tax and MOT and the sweetest interior

·
Registered
38,604 Posts
My first car was a D reg Yellow Belmont 1.3. Was nice at the time. This was going back 6 years now. I fitted GTE wheels, SRi rear spoiler, SRi bumpers and interior. Looked great.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
First car, at age 17 in 1989 was a 1983 Ford Cortina 1.6 Crusader.

It's also the newest car I've ever owned (it was only 6 years old when I got it). The only mods I did to it was to ditch the crappy Ford VV (Variable Venturi) Carburettor in favour of a Weber Twin choke from a 1.6 Ghia Cortina (bought the carb, manifold, airbox and throttle linkage from a breakers yard for £40!!) and added a Peco Back box.

I'm curently sorting through all my old photos and scanning them into the PC (as some of you may have notice my "fond memories" thread in Chit Chat) so when I come across a photo of APR 507Y I will post up a pic. I loved it so much I bought another Crusader as my third car. It was exactly the same as the first except it was 2.0 litre. Same colour, soame condition, everything!

Here's CFX anyway - as I said, APR was exactly the same to look at:-

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
A 1975 Toyota Celica 1.6ST - kept it 3 years, then got a Manta. Apart from a couple of MR2s as 2nd cars, its been Vauxhall ever since.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
My dad has a slide (oh yes a slide) of me with my Triumph Spitfire - What a load of cack that was !

·
Registered
79 Posts
A monstrous 1.1 Fiesta Ghia, E Reg, £1000, introduced to a rather unforgiving steel fence after 10 days:eek: Next week got a Fiesta 1.4S for £400... God knows why...

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Mine was a A reg 1.3 Cav in the usuall vaux blue around at the time.

I didn't know much about cars as shown when I started repainting it with a tin of hammarite and a brush.

I didn't keep it long

·
91,273 Posts
My first car was a nasty 998cc mini, that then got re-sprayed bright orange.

It started my interest in engines.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts