Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm running my xe 2.0 in my cav mk2 using the original mk2 1.8 fuel pump....seems to run ok (apart from high tickover speed).....should i use a gsi pump, will it make a difference?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, in my haynes book of lies and the mk2 1.8 injection system appears to run at a lower pressure than the motronic 2.5...so i assumed pump pressures would be different?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you're right...it's probably a good idea....be nice if it makes it go better....i don't know what effect it will have if it is running at .5 bar below pressure..

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
well as you probably know, the pump doesnt "pump" to the exact engine requirements. it supplies much more than is required and most is returned to the tank. so unless you dropped the flow rate below the engine requirements at wide open throttle, you would see no difference.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i may be wrong but it just feels like the engine is holding back a little or maybe i'm expecting too much. i have a cheapie air filter on at the moment...looks good in chrome but very little 'filter area' compared to the standard. got a k'nN on its way hopefuly so maybe that will make the difference....

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
yeah stick the gsi pump on, i just checked epc and the 1.8 pump is used for allot of small engined cars and single point injection cars, 1.8 astras, nova gte/gsi/sri. even if it is ok its still old, and probably no capacity for future mods.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.