Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can you tell if an xe has had the mod done by looking in the oil filler cap. i can see my cams when i look in the cap. should you be able to see the plate that you cut of its not been done or is it normall to be able to see the cams.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the last pic i saw of it done was to the plate under the rocker cover. 75% of it was cut away.

will this mod hel get rid of the low speed juddering that xes have.

·
Registered
854 Posts
it will help with the juddering.
i drilled lots of holes in the plate rather than cutting it away.
there is plenty of guides about for doing it.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
can you tell if an xe has had the mod done by looking in the oil filler cap. i can see my cams when i look in the cap. should you be able to see the plate that you cut of its not been done or is it normall to be able to see the cams.
No, you can´t see from oil filler cap hole. Because the plate stay in other position.
In standard C20XE, with standard plate, you can see the cams from oil filler cap hole, is normal.

For see if have or not breather mod, need remove the rocker cover. Is very simple and fast. Only need care in change the gasket, because is very commom oil leak in this.

Cheers,

Matheus S. Almeida

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
ok, well thats rerouting the com cover breather to a catch tank, its not really part of the "breather mod" in the mig sense, whats being described here.

the hole drilling is the breather mod.

·
Registered
18,393 Posts
love that pic, holes where they arent needed and i bet someone drills the actual cover lmao
and dont return the oil from the tank if its vented or you will be letting moisture in

·
Registered
272 Posts
Cut a thread inside the tube with a tap (M5 from memory) then screw in a bolt + washer from the outside to block it off.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
That's what I've done at the moment, but I've seen little plastic caps on a few XE's running carbs and TBs. I'd ideally like one of those but from where?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts