Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i will be fitting alpha throttle boddies to my engine hopefully the last weekend of this month.

im ok with fitting the kit but just want to make sure i get it wired up corectly.
the instructions i have are for a vectra so need to know what the diffrences are between the loom compeared to my astra one.

on the vectra the below need to be connected to the multi-plug bulkhead wheres this plug on my astra?

tb loom - original loom muilti-plug.

tachometer-top righthand pin green wire
fuel pump-feedtop lefthand pin blue/red wire
ignition switched feed- second from top righthand pin black wire
coolant tempature sender-second from bottom lefthand pin blue wire
air conditioning-air con compressor red wire

will also be fitting at the same time
cams and verniers
exhaust 4-2-1 manifold and cat replacement pipe
lightened flywheel and new clutch arp flywheel bolts
evual lenght drive shaft
apr con rod bolts
+more

if anyones up for lending me a hand please let me know.
(realy need someone to take it for a spin once all fitted as im band from driveing)

will be doing it on 29/30/31 of this month and the first of next month if needed.

·
Registered
13,676 Posts
where abouts is the big multipulg connector? down by the ecu plug in the footwell?

anway when you take out the old loow in the footwell you will have 2 multi plugs, just connect colour for colour, green for the revcounter, black will be a switched live, fuel pump will be red/blue wire and temp signal will be blue wire, find these in the plugs and connect like for like, i fitted a mbe loom to dave bs mk3 at the weekend and was so easy.

just out of interest, was the engine out of a purple vectra as its sounds familiar

·
Banned
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nope not out a purple vectra iw as out a astra sport with only the tb's,cams and flywheel

the rest is what im adding to it.

i know i have to remove the engine loom that gose to the ecu.
the starting/chargeing loom stays in.

i dont know where the conecter is on my astra thats one of the thinks im trying to find out looking at the tb loom it looks like the pulgs under the bonnet

got the fitting instructions direct from alpha/weber and they only do them for the vectra he said i would have to adaped them for my astra

·
Registered
13,676 Posts
there should only be a few wire that need connectig though, you should have::

permant 12v feed straigt to battery
switched 12v feed
earth usally by the ecu
tacho feed
fuel pump feed

and that should be it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.