Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a astra sport wiv a x20xev engine the problem is when i give it a bit of stick and the revs are high up after when im slowing dwn after ive opened it up i go for press the accelerater to go and the accelerater is hard and it wont rev so u av 2 stanp on it 2 get it rev so its sticking when the throtle is closed,its not the pedal ive checked that its actuay the throtle body the flap sticks ive cleaned the throtle body out and its still the same does any1 know what i mean kinda hard 2 explain as any1 else had this problem,i was told it might b a worn throtle body gasket its sucking in air any help wud b great :beer: hola bak JC.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Bolted on side of your throttle body matey. If your taking it off, I would get a new gasket from Vaux too.

Try this linkhttp://www.vectra-sport.com/How_To/Idle%20Air%20control%20Valve.htm

·
Registered
166 Posts
After using carb cleaner on my X20XEV throttle body, I sprayed all of the moving parts with 3-in-1 (WD-40) to ensure nothing dried up too much.

Try opening the throttle from the engine bay with air intake removed to see if you can see what's sticking.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ive found out whats sticking its the throtle body flap what opens up when you accelerate,it sticks when the throtle body flap is closed?any1 got any ideas how to cure it etc?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Is the butterfly flap secure on its mount? Open the throttle and try moving the flap. The only movement should be with the pivot itself - ie open and close no side to side movement. Also, check around the throttle cable linkage and return spring to make sure nothing's obstructing its movement.

There is a posibility of it being caused by the throttle cable if it's damaged/frayed.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cheers mate il check that out tmrw and il let u know,i dnt think its the cable it looks arite its definatly the butterfly flap as when i tryed to rev it from the cable under the bonnet that was sticking to and u cud see the butterfly flap sticking cheers mate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.