Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,
I have acquired an x20xev with 45k on it from a vectra, and have decided to buy a corsa sri to put it into.
The problem is, the engine is from an automatic, so i will have to convert it to manual, so i will have to find a flywheel etc, but my question is, is there any problems with running this engine in manual form? Is there a place to plug the autobox loom into the engine loom and will it run if this is disconnected? The engine is still in the car and is driving perfect.
And is the pvd kit worth buying? Is everything i could possibly need included in it? I am planning to do this over christmas.
Is there any common problems with fitting this engine to a corsa?

·
Registered
9,056 Posts
Do you have the ECU and the matching key from the donor car? If you don't I believe it will never start due to the immobiliser.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
jhinchy said:
hello all,
I have acquired an x20xev with 45k on it from a vectra, and have decided to buy a corsa sri to put it into.

And is the pvd kit worth buying? Is everything i could possibly need included in it? I am planning to do this over christmas.
Is there any common problems with fitting this engine to a corsa?
Hi John,

Not too clued up on the Corsas, but if the PVD Nova kit's anything to go by, you might be able to source the parts for the conversion a bit cheaper elsewhere. (for instance, Brian_S does the mounts for the Nova for £40 inc P+P - bit cheaper than £130) NotNormal on the boards here has said the Corsa shafts are the same length as the Astra, so if you get the bearing knuckles modified to take larger internal diametre bearings, you should be able to use the big block driveshafts/CVs/hubs. Nova Group A bearings will accept big block hubs. They have a 68mm outer diametre and they're 37mm wide - maybe these would work on the Corsa too....?!?

Hope that helps......if not, then at least it's BTTT :D

Cheers,
Kieran

·
Registered
8,231 Posts
im going to be doing this conversion in the next few weeks, so ill let you know how i do it.. im going to be making a mount to send to brian_s to copy and then sell to people who wish to do the same converion

James

1 - 9 of 9 Posts