Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone done one of these or can give me any tips, problems i might encounter, parts required etc.

Probably gonna D.I.Y. it and have never done one before so any advice welcome!

Got the engine, box, loom, and ecu sorted so far!
Believe that i also need the 16v hubs and driveshafts? Starter for the f20 and an alternator? and an M.P.I. fuel pump?

Will my hubs and driveshafts not fit then?
Do i need to change mountings at all?

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
You'll need to use the hubs from a big block engined Astra/Cav/Calibra (1.8>) because the driveshafts/CVs are stronger/larger than the small block setup. Best bet is to go round the scrappies and get the 2 complete front struts and just bolt them on. If you get the struts from a Cav or Calibra, replace the top mounts with Astra ones.
For engine mountings, the 2.0 engine mounting brackets should bolt onto the chassis in the same place the 1.6 mounts do, so pretty much a straight swap.
As you said, you'll need the MPi fuel pump. Ideally you should replace the plastic fuel lines with metal ones too, although it isn't totally necessary.
You should get all the ancillaries you need with the engine, starter, alternator etc, so use them :)

Oh yeah and don't forget to uprate the brakes ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.