Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having some trouble with my Astra MK4 with the X16XEL engine. The engine is running rough and vibrates more than usual. It is also quite difficult to drive on low engine rpm as the power seems to be lacking. It runs fine though on higher rpm. Recently had a vacuum leak, where I replaced the hose. It ran just fine for a couple of weeks until this began happening.

Does not put out any faultcodes and sparkplugs where just replaced. EGR valve is not that old either.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Worth carrying out a quick compression test to ensure everything is ok.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do once I get my hands on that equipment. The timing belt is good though, checked the markings on the cam- and crankshaft sprockets, they are in alignment. Also measured the ignition coilpack. I am a little concerned about the readings, as of my knowledge they should be around 0,6Ohm but mine are 1.1-1.2 on all four cylinders. This is measured between the 12V pin and each cylinder pin. Checked for exhaust leaks aswell but can't find any. I replaced the whole section behind the catalytic converter before and it did not sound like this afterwards.

X16XEL - YouTube

1 - 3 of 3 Posts