Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

X Mas Meal

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  jamied 
#1 ·
Hi all

I have PMd you all with the details, but here they are again just incase you missed it.

Hey Central

So it has yet again come to that time of the year, cold, snow, presents friends and family all enjoying the festive season.

So I would like to arrange a X Mas do for all of us, well as many as possible really?
So here are my thoughts and plans.

I was thinking having a Do in Stevenage. on the 1st of December Saturday afternoon or evening.
I have gone round and had a look and eaten some food at a few good pubs.

I would like to have the Do at The Chequers located on the stevenage High Street
plenty of parking of the road. They have a Xmas special for £18.95 per head with a £5 deposit to secure booking Ill sort that out.
Have a look at there website
The Chequers in Stevenage - A festive menu for all occasions

ok everyone please come with your feed back and thoughts I would like to book by this friday so I can sort things out, and put some little gifts together.

PM me if any problems.:thumb:

See less See more
#2 ·
not a bad run for us, just under an hour, might even look at doing a hotel stay down the road if need be.

shall see how many others are looking at going first.

#5 ·
Points worth mentioning:
Right on the far edge of Central region (1.5 hour drive for me)
I didn't get the PM regarding this
The chances of you getting 10 people is laughable (you only have to look at the monthly 'meet' - i.e Astrarat in a car park to know that), even in 2001 at the height of Central regions members we had 11 people at the Xmas meal (I still have all my old pictures).

It's a novel idea but it's never going to happen.

#6 ·
Points worth mentioning:
Right on the far edge of Central region (1.5 hour drive for me)
I didn't get the PM regarding this
Have to say your profile is set to SOUTH Central...probaly why you didn't get the email as you are not signed up for this region.
Also distance for us being about the same (just over an hour an qrt) to drive its quite a central location.
all regions are finding it hard to get members to meet up for socials ect, i for one are busy most weekends with work or family, but still with some arangements can try to make meets like the xmas one if enought turn up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.