Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have to say I don't think I've never come across a more biased, one sided site than this in my life. Ever. Not only is it biased, but there are tons of mistakes there too - like the Calibra being described as a '160mph+ coupe' .... or rather 'supercar' :confused:

Then there's the 'Vauxhall to avoid' section which had me in stiches lmao It really is that bad!! Who, for example, would slate what's widely ragarded as one of the best Vauxhall's ever made - the Astra GTE .... and then go on to say that its sucessor the Mk3 Astra GSi (and the Calibra of course) are better, when just about all the car magazines and everyone else on the planet say the GTE is the better, more focused car :confused: Total Vauxhall didn't vote the Astra GTE 16v their number one Vauxhall for no reason ..... and the Calibra didn't even make the top ten lmao
And then there's the Cavalier, or rather Chavalier as it's described lmao Looks like the task was simple for this section when the site was constructed - find just about the worst pictures of a Cavalier available, and then give it some stick!! Anyone can find bad pictures of cars - there are plenty of badly modified Calibra's out there, and then there's the plain steel wheeled 2.0 8v, but do these get a mention?? No. And I take it the author of the site has never heard of the Cavalier GSi 2000 or the Turbo 4x4 or even the SRi 16v, because none of them get a mention in this section either :confused: And apparently 'Cavalier's have NO advantages over Calibra's?? lmao Really?? How about price & practicallity for starters?? And even the looks come down to personal taste - not everyone wants to look like a hairdresser / poser on the move ;) I know which car I'd rather be driving!!

Anyone else got any comments?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Had a read through that site before! There are alot of mistakes and its mega biased. Basically sayin that the calibra is the only good vauxhall! Which we all know is wrong. Now i personally like the look of the calibra more than the cavalier but you dont go slavouring that much s***e. But to be fair there is a couple of points which may be correct. May be. He/she doesnt say much about the 8v either which i own and would like to know alot about. But it is called calibraturbo so what was i expecting???

Sorry for the p**h i have just typed

Gary :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to prove my point, it's not only Cav's that are the victims of poor modifications. Maybe this should go up on the site to make things fair(er) lmao

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Chavtastic on here runs that site i believe.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
FFS! that cally is mingin. Should go on that site. But big up to the owner for tryin! He must have spent alot even though it made it worse..

·
Registered
15,847 Posts
Chavtastic is a nob jockey and he does want us to kick up a fuss about his garbage site . You are adding fuel to the fire Andy .
He wouldn't write that stuff otherwise unless he realy is on another planet , although his 200mph calibra will be very interesting to see .

·
Banned
22,254 Posts
daddy cav said:
Chavtastic is a nob jockey and he does want us to kick up a fuss about his garbage site . You are adding fuel to the fire Andy .
He wouldn't write that stuff otherwise unless he realy is on another planet , although his 200mph calibra will be very interesting to see .
Agree on all of the above! Would be good to see one hit 200 (only if dropped from a plane!) so I would love to see it afterwards with his scratty council estate slags near it! He obviously cant pull any real women so has to impress little girls with 200MPH BS! lmao

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cathcart cav said:
Maybe the green ones his??
That green Calibra should go up on the site. It's only fair, as he's put up just about the worst Cavalier pictures he could find!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
daddy cav said:
LOL 200mph from a Calibra lmao

What's he going to do - fit a jet engine??

·
Banned
22,254 Posts
andy_h said:

I thought he was going to drop it from a plane!

Look at the picture of the thing he is calling his ex on that site! Woof! Maybe he plans on tying her to the front of his car and dangling a big-mac (or 20?) infront of her using a fishing rod? It would fookin shift then! lmao

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
andy_h said:

Its not that impossible mate! Would be v difficult but you could get a cav to do it to.. No point n you salting callys altogether.. Although they are far better than the mk2 gte and the cav and all other cars in the world! mwahahaha (evil laugh) lmao

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
To get a genuine 200mph from a Calibra, he would need 450bhp ... at least. How's he going to get that? The LET would have to be binned for a start ...

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
andy_h said:
To get a genuine 200mph from a Calibra, he would need 450bhp ... at least. How's he going to get that? The LET would have to be binned for a start ...
Maybe... But could still get over 2.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts