Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had a small problem back in march as i got stopped and i got a producer, only problem was about 2 weeks previous my mum emptied my room boxed it all (mixed up) and it went off for storage.

so i only had my insurance document and drivers licence card (not paper part)

now 7 months later i get a letter telling me i have a court case in 10 days, this is so i can say whether im guilty or not guilty about driving my car without due documents i could have sworn the police officer told me if u dont hear anything for a month ur in the clear.

btw been in houston, texas for the past 3 months (got back last tuesday and goin back tues after next hopefully) and all my stuff is still in boxes and covered in dust as my house is having some major reconstruction.

wats the rules can they leave it as long as they like?
also wat would happen if i dont turn up to this court case?

·
Registered
20,473 Posts
also wat would happen if i dont turn up to this court case?
You might wanna check with a solicitor about it but i'm pretty sure you can plead guilty/not guilty in writing for something as trivial as this.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I have exactly the same thing going on ....

Was stopped for speeding in March and given a fixed penalty notice and a producer for my driving licence. I told the copper that my licence had just been sent off to DVLA for a photo licence and he said "if its back within the 28 days send it off with your fine, but if it isn't then it won't matter".

So I paid the fixed penalty within about 2 weeks and didn't get my licence back for a couple of months.

Anyway, almost 6 months to the day that I was stopped I got a letter saying that I was being prosecuted for not producing my licence, which I could handle), but also for the speeding offence. I rang and spoke to the court and they said that as I hadn't sent my licence to them that they could over-rule the fixed penalty. I haven't seen my £60 which they've now had for over 6 months, and they reckon that if/when it goes to court next Friday, I'm likely to get 4 or 5 pts instead of the 3 and a £200 fine instead of the £60 fixed penalty !!

When I told the court what the policeman had told me, they said, "the police don't know what they're talking about". Well, we all knew that, but how come I'm gonna suffer because of it??

SOOTY

1 - 4 of 4 Posts