Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting about 65-75 miles if i take it rite below the red, on £10 of fuel at 87p,dunno wot mpg this is but is this wot u guys are getting, city driving mind.

cheers all.......

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
how the hell do u know how far it gets you if your taking it from a half full tank?

the ONLY way to tell is to brim the tank and then reset the trip meter then brim the tank again and then u get a perfectly accurate amount of fuel and a mileage to go with it

i dont get folk that shove a tenner in here and a 5er there

over the course of a month or week or whatever you'll still use at least one full tank of petrol so why not just fill the bloody thing to the top

·
Registered
10,012 Posts
Aragorn said:
how the hell do u know how far it gets you if your taking it from a half full tank?

the ONLY way to tell is to brim the tank and then reset the trip meter then brim the tank again and then u get a perfectly accurate amount of fuel and a mileage to go with it

over the course of a month or week or whatever you'll still use at least one full tank of petrol so why not just fill the bloody thing to the top
I ran out of petrol,pushed it onto the petrol station lmao and then filled with £10, at 85.9p, so it should be accurate ;)

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers guys, i dont feel too bad now.
To Aragorn,considering my tank is emptied each time i then put £10 in so the miles done back down to empty are 99% accurate, i have a trip computer that lets me know how many miles i have left on the fuel put in, good idea japs LOL !! so my mileage is spot on when it comes to how many miles i do n the money front, i am skint and dont have £40 at each fill up, hence weekly fill ups.
that website says i do 28-31 mpg at 75 miles @ 11-12 litres used, not too bad i guess for city driving......

cheers guys.........

·
Banned
22,254 Posts
40 odd miles from £15.50 quid! Not at all right, goes like fook mind you! Think cos the CTS isnt wired in and the fuel pump runs 24/7 and the fuel pressure is raised is the fault(s)!

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Aragorn said:

Saves weight hence more mpg and faster car ;)

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
if your worrying about the weight difference between a half full tank (20kgs) and a full tank (40kgs) then u really need more power or something

i hate going to garage standing in queue etc and cant imagine people actually LIKE queueing up for fuel, so making more trips for yourself just seems silly

plus and fuel guage or whatever is affected by the fact fuel is a liquid and sloshes around in your tank, therefore any guage readings are averaged out over a minute or so due to the fact that the actual reading is fluctuating up and down constantly, continually drive round corners and your reading will go up or down depending on the position of the sender inside the tank

and as for the money - most folk are paid monthly so if u dont have the money in week 1 to fill the tank where do u find the extra £10 in week2 to fill the tank? if you arent paid monthly then fair enough :p

·
Registered
320 Posts
Aragorn said:

Weight saving too, from driving a mini for the last 3 years it DID make a difference between a full tank 15quid and putting a fiver in, also the arches didnt scrub if you didnt full the tank up hahaha

the only time i ever fill up is when i find a cheaper fuel station far away! but then again im a scrounging student lol

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
35-40 to a £10 dont matter if thrashed or not !! lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts