Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
RESURRECTED FOR GENERAL VIEWING BY NEW BB MEMBERS

Now, as some of you may have noticed, there is a [email protected]_the_wine.com signature at the end of my posts.

The answer was that the wine was at Billing albeit briefly cause we drank most of it en route and didn't hang about finishing it when we got there-but we felt it our duty to share it with others who had never seen/heard of/tasted the buckenfast before.

would have been handy if I could remember all the people we talked in to trying it-but I was very drunk from arrival so if I dont mention you by name or at all dont take offence.

Tom Williams- If you tried it tom it must have been in the morning when we met you, and I think you liked it....

Chris Rose-Tried it in early hours approx 8am, Reaction:Screwing of face, cough.

MIG friend A-an anonymous guycause I forget who you were, youll know who you are when you read this Reaction:Spit out, quote "Is there injector cleaner in that"

Craig(with the loud blue Corsa)-Thanks for letting us play our Bonkers CD (nightclub in Glasgow) on your sound system mate...reaction:Liked the wine.

Craigs companion (brother I think)-He said he was 18-I believe him. reaction:Slight widening of eyes, quote "yeah its ok"

Mike Warner-fresh from Holiday, younger than I expected and didnt belive me when I said 9 wasn't here cause hes just an idiot and we didnt bring him-lol. reaction:liked the wine.

Couple X-spent a lot of time in the tent(no allegations) but me and Kai talked to them a lot while they were out of the tent(I feel quite bad I forget your names but you were bang on) reaction:liked the wine i think, the female put it in her mug and started swigging it anyhow-lol.

Vauxy(and wife):You laffed a lot and we met you too late to let you taste the wine but you were so amused by us (the Kai especially) that you deserve a mention, that and the fact you were present at the Forrest Gump with insulating tape and Umbrellas incident.

Soz to anyone I missed out but just ask Tom Williams about the state we spent most of the day in and all should be understandable-lol.

Anyways-see y'all soon, and Im sure Kai will be happy that Billy is waiting for him till next year.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I was ofered some of this by Kai but I heard that it was like warm synthetic oil (you know who you are from Sheffield :)) so I thought I would get the normal stuff down first b 4 I let that stuff loose on my interiors, but in the end never got around to trying any, oh well maybe next year :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
hehe, i'm sure that no-one liked the buckfast , they were all just bein polite..well done mike who never actually flinched when he drank it..dunno how cos it's horrid! :eek:
9 i reckon it was grant who said it tasted like injector cleaner..after spitting it out hastily and coughing a bit!

·
Registered
38,604 Posts
I got given some. It's ok. I'd drink a bit of it to get used to the taste!

Jaq your car was full of bottles of the stuff! It must have smelt like a brewery on the way down! Cause it kinda did when I took you and 9 out in my car.

·
Registered
272 Posts
hehe, i'm surprised i wasn't steamin myself - it's not like there weren't enough alcoholic fumes around! with your driving antics at high revs/speed 9 nearly saw his wine in reverse..he did say don't take ya hoof off the accelerator when going round bends in future though, to prevent rear end kicking out action :D

·
Registered
19,143 Posts
Hey, I missed the wine tasting! Thank fook for that, the monks can keep it as far as I am concerned!

Being a Scots lad I have of course tried the beveridge in the past purly in the line of ummm.. research. Yes that's it, research, which tasts better, Buckkie or Tbird.... :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No Simon, never kicked out, get light and threatened to though ( I know I was sitting in the back).

Dont take your foot off round a bend when your givin it some at high revs, just leave it on youll go faster and grip better, if you lift off the weight shifts to the front of the car cause of the engine mass and the back goes light. Belive me I have spun a car a few times when I was a lad (17/18 yrs old)

and that concludes todays lesson.

·
Registered
38,604 Posts
Mmmmmmmmm, I've been used to driving MK2 Astra's for the last 6 years!! So dunno, well, cheers for pointing out. The car goes ok though. I don't usually give it any beans as it just sits of the motorway at weekends so not really been tested it to the limits.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tis an aquired taste Grant. You will learn to love it after a few moe visits from us at events.

Simon-motorway driving aint no fun, one day, if I ever end up meeting ya while I is in me car, I'll show you how to drive saan. You'll enjoy that. :D

·
Registered
9,056 Posts
So THAT'S were all the Buckie went. I went down to my local carry out shop last Friday and couldn't get any :D

Seriously though I haven't touched the stuff since I was 18.

Do they still print a number on the bottle and the lower the number means the better the taste??? or something like that?? I remember in my 'yoof' being stuck behind people in carry out shops insisting that the assistant looked through about 10 cases of Buckie until they found a low number.

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
HA HA! Buckfast, i totally forgot about that stuff. Not drunk that since i was about 15. That stuff would strip paint! Think i might pop down to off licence for a bottle to re-capture my youth! :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Chris Rose, obviously a man of preperation by having a ready made excuse not to try it before we even got there. :D

However, I was impressed by your madness of actually turning up and then taking your car to bits and rebuilding its front end and sideskirt areas. Respect.

Had you drank some wine this may not have went as according to plan-lol.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did I hear someone say there was something on at Billing this weekend, heres a post from the aftermath of the VBOA at Billing in August

Discovered at page 164 on the board cause I was impatient waiting on new replies to be made at the top of it, so I looked at the bottom-hehe.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.