Votes: 16 88.9%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do you like Vauxhall?

I'm looking for a new car, and was thinking, oh i'll get nuther cav, and then i thought, no, why? that'll be boring as it wont be new as i'll know what it will feal and look like etc etc

then i thought, hmm, vauxhall is, or was birtish, so should support um...but i duno, so why u lot prefer Vaux to others?

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
I don't prefer Vauxhalls, to be honest. I've prefered Fords all my driving life. I only bought the cav because I couldn't afford a Mondeo Si.

Now, since I've found MIG, the next car I buy may well be another Vauxhall. When we got rid of my Missus' XR2 we replaced it with a 1.4 LS Astra. That was mainly to cut costs and for a bit more room for her when she's carting the kids around. It's too slow though! :( But it'll do for a few years.

·
Premium Member
16,006 Posts
I've had Fords and Vauxhalls and much prefer Vaux for several reasons. Firstly they dont rot quite as much, they seem more comfortable, and as said before, you get alot for your money.

When i was selling my Nova Gte i wanted a 16valver. I really wanted an Astra Gsi but couldn't afford one at the time. What better second best could i make. I need room, i like the toys and the speed is nice:D If i was to be buying tomorrow i would more than likely buy an Astra Gsi now as they've dropped in price and are a little more stylish. They are also newer.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Well I was born and breed in Luton not far from the Vauxhall factory. I was brought up in Vauxhalls, and every member of my family has worked for them at some point in their lifes. Even though when i was youngish, my close family relocated to Northampton (just up the road) because of crime, and house prices, but my Uncle still lives and works at Vauxhall to this day. I have always had Vauxhalls around me and all fond holiday memorys and my dad putting his foot down in a Vauxhall on the M1.

Ny uncle has owned everything from brand new. He has had Cav GSi's, Turbo's, V6's everything and I loved them!

I always wanted a Nova for my first car, and since i can remember i have always loved Vauxhall, never wanted anything else. This is still the same today.

Im very patriotic and I could not bring myself to own another type of car.

I love em to bits, in my opinion and experience they are the best bulit with the best engines in its class.

I have always been Vauxhall. And i will always be Vauxhall.

amen.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
it was the best that i could afford at the time ...

it was either a clapped out mondeo, 1.4 astra or 1.6 astra ...

the 1.6 had a towbar ...
10k less miles
but 1 yr older than the 1.4 ...

so i went for it ...
dont think ive ever regretted it ...

now that i've driven it over 50k ... all i want is more power ... i still love the car!

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
I was first attracted to the price v performance v cost of the nova Sr as a first car.

Since then i've been pretty much addicted to novas for their raw feel and the fact their quite easy and cheap to maintain.

3rd nova and counting.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
first car was a vauxhall cav 1.6 (me bro's now)
second my cav 2.0 cdx

after driving my first cav i loved it (been driving a cav since march 2002 and wouldent look at anything else. apart from a vaux frontera 2.2 estate :D thats what i want in a few years time and wouldent dream of getting anything other than a vauxhall

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Buying a car because its British is nearly as bad as buying a car for its badge - well not quite! :D

I though GM was US?

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
My 1st car was a white cav it got written off (not by me!) but i loved it for comfort really, always been a fan of big cars, plus it ran well n it wasn't as rust as a lot of cars of the same year.
My new car is a white cav sri, just hope it doesn't go the same way as the 1st......
Next car I want will b a cally (as most of u who know me, know) I just love vaux. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts