Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
38,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When they are testing something which they find mildly good, it's always 'Shame about the image' Yet when they test a Ford, it's always loads of praise. Typical example comes with the VX220. Why is it nort worthy of wearing the Griffin?

Gets on my wick really. Aren't Vauxhall allowed to produce a 'good car'?

Same thing with the new Vectra. Lets say Ford had a released it before the Mondeo as a replacement for their Mondeo. There would be nothing but praise for it.

Reason I say it, is because both cars look dull although good cars. I'd be happy with either as a reps car. But the Vauxhall always gets a bad name.

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
Vauxhalls are good cars, nice on the inside easy to work on but some of there attempt on re-designing the vectra wasnt good, the front doesnt look to bad but they really should have tried to do something better with the rear

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
lack of glamour.

apparantly it matters to some people.

·
Registered
38,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
apparantly it matters to some people.
LOL! Well, I guess a beared git in underpants didn't do wonders in selling cars such as the VX220.

Sexy women sell cars. If Vauxhall's marketing strategy was changed, I'm sure more of their 'hotter' cars would be sold.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
i think it's cos ford did the cortina and the capri. it's all off the back of the image of these cars.

then they did the rs2000 and the cossies.

thing is the cortina was crap, the capri is ok so long as you don't intend going around any corners and the cossie was... well cosworth.

the cav is renowned as a rep mobile because they are good cars that can comfortably handle loads of motorway miles and go on for ever. that (apparently) makes them boring.

cars such as the droop snoot, the vx220 and the lotus carlton do not need to be considered by journo's cos the bias is all wrong.

the new vectra is (i beieve) horribly ugly. i can't believe my beautiful cav spawned such a monstrosity. the new mondeo is not as good looking as the previous model either though. the new astra looks top though. much better looking than the focus.

and that guy in his underpants was...well, pants.

the court case thing was dire too.

and so is the corsa hide and seek ad.

basically, ford sell their cars as 'tigers' and vx sell them as geekiy quirky things.

and idiots like clarkson (who couldn't come up with an original thought if you stuck a gun to his head) can't see beyond that garbage.

why is it... ford made the cosworth, yet lotus made the carlton?

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
why worry about it, don't let someone's (oftern wrong) perceptions interfere with your enjoyment of that poor handling, mundane repmobile you drive.

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
vauxhalls new range is yawn-tastic

i know theyve turboed everything except maybe the agila, but its too little too late

I think they need to release something funky, like buy the rights to produce the Allegro or something

·
Registered
38,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wonder if someone will ever turbo-charge an Agila just for a laugh. Not much of a laugh though is it.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
At the end of the day Clarkson and his motely crew are no better qualified to say what is a good car and what isnt, purely because it comes down to personal taste and choice. obviously if the wheel are falling off etc is self explainitly. I think you get my point.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
TeddySRi said:
At the end of the day Clarkson and his motely crew are no better qualified to say what is a good car and what isnt, purely because it comes down to personal taste and choice. obviously if the wheel are falling off etc is self explainitly. I think you get my point.
they are much more than most people, and

a) It's their job.
b) they've drivern far more cars than all of us.
c) they're right.

Apart from that, I completely agree.

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
Turbo'ed Agila would be the daddy

I would do it but

a) Ive got no money
b) Ive got no legs
c) Ive lost my heart to a starship trooper

·
Registered
614 Posts
The bit that makes a ford cosworth good, is the engine which isnt made by ford.

Unless someone is going to tell me that ford own cosworth as well as most of the other stuff on the planet

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Rumble said:
The bit that makes a ford cosworth good, is the engine which isnt made by ford.

Unless someone is going to tell me that ford own cosworth as well as most of the other stuff on the planet
GM have their fingers in more than a few pies as well.... I work for their residential mortgage arm in the UK.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Ok may have driven more cars but its still an opinion.

Clarkson : - I hate this dashboard
Me : - I like it.
Clarkson :- Gearchange is rubbery
Me : - Very accurite.

I know they get paid and i appricate they do have a world of experience but its still based on their own opinions.

Plus i think they are paid to say what they do if you catch my drift ;)

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
^ This coming from Mr "Anything that's not Vauxhall is Sh it". :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts