Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Who remember these old girls?

7K views 34 replies 16 participants last post by  daddy cav 
#1 ·
I found my old hard drive, it has my old SEF mk1 piccies!!

The day after I bought him:

A few cosmetic alterations:

Found one of Nick's GSi too:

I do have a few of Nicks GTE but they are on old fashioned photos lol

See less See more
#3 ·
Along with FLuSHSiMoNS green nova SEF was one of the first serious novas I ever heard about, back on Roybacer in about 2003/4 when it had a let in it. :D

#6 ·
Jay's was mint!

Ahh the good old days of the Guildford cruise. Anyone remember being shepherded into Sainsbury' car park and the police tried to give everyone a producer, we all just nailed it though the petrol station!

#10 ·
He told me that he noticed a difference in performance from it running colder with the 2 rads and he was being serious lmao
I tried to explain that the thermostat would still keep it at the same temperature anyway, and that there was no performance advantage if you did get the water temps lower anyway but he really was adament it had made a difference.

He then proceeded to get a couple of BHP less on the same set of rollers than my standard XE nova did a few minutes before lmao

#12 ·
Its a second radiator that has been plumbed in series with the first.
If it was full of ****e then putting another radiator in series with it probably wouldnt help much, putting one in parrelel might of but thats not how it was plumbed in anyway.

I see no reason at all to run 2 rads on an XE nova, if your one rad isnt keeping temps under 90 degrees because its knackered then remove it and fit one that does.

Im sure JohnnyA knows better these days, and at least while he was young and foolish he was prepared to dare to be different and give things a go, even if in this instance it was a pretty stupid idea lmao

#13 ·
well,bluey turquoisey :p

Aye, Derwins was awesome, wasnt such a fan of the green one he had after.

Jays was soo mint, he kinda vanished off the face of the earth after he sold it

#19 ·
Alright mate, from what I can remember no. I seem to recall it being broken up.

PS Wilson only got back into Nova's (with buying the blue one pictured) because I let him drive my old 4-dr grey Nova Saloon with an XE in it (the one that was held together with gaffer tape and had 3 exhausts hanging out the back (literally). Good old badly modded cars FTW!

#25 ·
Blimey... I just looked at my joining date 2001!!?? Where have the years gone? Has anyone heardof my old yellow valver recently?

The Pic's I have are @ work.. will send em over tomorrow... they're not great as I wasnt expectin to see it. I got some really old pix of the saturday club @ groms too if anyone wants to see em.. incl Martins green valver, G's orange 1600 with tiger stripes, and pepe which is still in storage:doh: incidentally, etc..:)

#32 ·
DUDE! Got the Nova estate and also a SEF replica (C20XE in it). I don't know if I will ever give them up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.