·
Registered
43,164 Posts
lmao @ cav-mad-gav.....lmao

non of the above tbh matey....:rolleyes: i use Mer! :D :cool:

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'd use autoglym stuff, because I found It slightly better at protecting the paintwork. Saying that I have carwax/triplewax at the moment arf arf.

·
Premium Member
16,006 Posts
Autoglym, but i have been known to use Turtle wax when it's been at the right price and i'm skint.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
im using Triplewax/Carplan car shampoo at the min :p i find its more soapy , i use to use turtle wax extreem shampoo

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like mixed views on this one, ive used both and found the triplewax/carplan shampoo to foam nicely but after a while i noticed i beginning to fade my red paint (or that could be cos i wash it every other day), so then i gave Autoglym a whirl and noticed it hardly foamed at all but gives a fairly decent finish. I used the Autoglym kit, (Shampoo and Conditioner, Super Resin Polish, Window Glass Polish) and after about 5 hours came out very nice. I shouldnt have thought there much odds in all of em, just what ever is cheapest i supose.

1) Can you fade your paintwork if your a compulsive washer (every other day)

2)Has/do any of you use the Autoglym hypa glyd water remover, it just wipes water off the bodywork.

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
i use turtle wax car wash, and mer - thats when i can be arsed to wash it :p (not washed it for 2 months now)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Know some one whos used the autoglyn aquaglyd thingey, pretty good. I'm waiting for 1 to come in for myself

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
Neither. You ponces, just get out there and drive your car :p

jetwash to get the muck off yes
polish for hours no

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
stemon said:
im using Triplewax/Carplan car shampoo at the min :p i find its more soapy
I'm the same.

I don't like Autoglym shampoo, I find I use far too much water and end up having to use two buckets of the stuff to clean the car any sense.

All the other car cleaning products I use are Autoglym. Although I've recently discovered rain-x, so I'll be keeping a bottle of that in my stock from now on too! :D

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
I found the autoglym shampoo left my windscreen greasy, making it impossible to see when it rained.

Every other cleaning product I use is Autoglym.

I use Sonax shampoo, I can't fault it. Foams up just right, and gives the car a good shine

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nither there both rubbish, get some Meguiar's products and do the job propper. :p

The soft wash gel they sell is fantastic stuff.

Meguiar's

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
Ok if you wanna put it that way..this is what i use to wash my car as a complete day of 7 hours of work..:rolleyes:

1) Magic pad (from halfords keeps the liquid in nicely :D )

2) Alloy wheel scrubber (from halfords..the yellow thingy pad)

3) Duster (better using one that your mom has used on the old furnisher and been washed cause it don't leave yellow shite all over the car :p )

4) Chammy leather

The Ointments:

Turtlewax Zip Wax (5 litre container)
* to wash the car on the outside and not the inside!!!)

Mer - to wax the bitch after its thoroughly dryed from a chammy and ozone air :p

Chrome polish - for the twin 3" tailpipes

For the alloys - i start off with Wonder Wheels cleaner, then go to gunk or wd40 if there is oil on em or tar **** :mad: then i move onto loads of warm water carryed via the kitchen sink cause the outside hose pipe only doz cold crap lmao

:eek: for the interior i use......:rolleyes: Vinyl car car **** and other crap from halfords that costs like £4.99 a tin.

For the sexy F1 tyre rims i use tyre shine only the best can from halfords :)

when i get into my house i use Dove soap farm pits and other smellys that my girl uses but she dont know cause she aint in the same bath as me at the same time lmao

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
i use halfords own brand as i found it better than tripplewax its also cheeper. never used autoglym shampoo but use autoglym everything else as its good stuff!

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ive only had my carplan Chammy leather a month and washed a dryed the car soooo much i now have holes all over the leather.:rolleyes: lmao

1 - 19 of 19 Posts