Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

So, i drove this roadlegal Manta 3,0 for a couple of years, until a jealoux idiot totaled it..

after sitting around for a long time i decided to go drift in it (SO much more soul than the e30 i used).
View attachment 10633 View attachment 10641

BUT, it need more power! And as it is an unusual car for drifting, i'm not going for the cliché 2jz/RB26/M60B44!

so.. i want a B234R engine swap done, and i have searched and searched for info regarding the build. i have a Getrag 264 with a 1,8 ohc bellhousing and 1,8 engine mounts.
so i went and bought a b234r with 185.000km on it, running 230hp. and it didnt bolt up to anything!
so i searched again, but i cant seem to find a simple answer ANYWHERE, as to what exact models of saab's the engine will bolt up to the R25/F28 etc.

What would you do? any thoughts or ideas on the project? and most important, does ANYONE of you have the actual facts about a swap like this??

thanks! :)

/Westh

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi.
I am going the same route as you are.
(forgive my english, I'm Norwegian.)

I have a Calibra that I have converted to RWD and use for drifting/track using parts from a Omega 3000.

Up untill now I ran a c20let, rather stock (EDS P3).
Then I stumbled upon a B234R in Sweden, already mapped and whipping out 410.6 BHP and 533.5 Nm running on E85 with stock internals, for a ridicolous price compared to a c20let (about £1400 complete with 3076r turbo, R28 transmission, IC, BOW, warlboro 455 fuel pump and what not, basicly everything included except exhaust and fuel lines)

Anyhow, to answer your question.
Any transmission from a OHC/DOHC Opel/Vauxhall engine bolts directly on a B234R engine.
On my B234R "T5" (2.3L Saab 9000) the previous owner ran a R28 Getrag from an Omega MV6.
Flywheel is from a Saab 9-5 and a Saab 9-5 Aero pressureplate and KEP sinter clutch.

From my understanding every B234R have the same bolt pattern as i.ex. a c20let / XE and a R25-R28 / F28 is a direct bolt on.
With regard to splines and distance from pressure plate and so forth I am not certain, but I know for a fact that a c20let flywheel does not bolt on to a B234R ...!
So you need a clutch that has the R25-28 splines, then use the flywheel and pressure plate from the original engine.

Did you get anything together with your B234R, or just a "clean" engine?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes i got the engine complete with harness, ecu and gearbox. but it's a different pattern, and no way of mounting engine mounts properly!
have you gotten the engine home? and where in norway do you live?? i just got home from norway 1h ago ;)

·
Registered
912 Posts
Any B2x4 or B2x5 engine will have the same bolt pattern as a Vauxhall so F28 will bolt right up to it. Flywheel has to be the Saab one as Vauxhall ones will not fit. The Saab clutch will work perfectly fine with the F28 as it has the same splines too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Westh - if you got a B234R engine the bolt pattern should be identical to Vauxhall / Opel F28, R28 ... the engine mounts on the other hand would need some engineering :)
I've got the engine in my garage, waiting to be dropped into my Calibra :) Just need to break in my newly rebuilt c20let with all-forged internals (prepped for 600+ bhp) first.
I live in Røyken, close to Drammen. What were you doing up here in the cold? :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, my girlfriend lives in Askim ;) wait, so your town is essentially called 'The Cigarette'?

when you say Break in, do you mean start up/mapping? or selling bits..

ye i'm starting to think that it isnt a b234r i have, it certanly does not bolt up to anything!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.