Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what standard corsa b is best for the xe conversion or are all the bodies the same shape and size just different size engines

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
theres a type a and type b! ull be asked which type u have when buying conversion mounts. type a is the older corsas without power steering i think.

·
Registered
626 Posts
which models come with epas? do these models have abs and electronic speedo 2?............... hopefully not thanks in advance

·
Registered
626 Posts
1.2 16v comes with epas and electric speedo but no abs, it is also harder to wire up than rest
Any paticular year? I take it it runs speed pulse without abs it must have a box sender so how do you get around providing this when changing over to mehanical? cheers J.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The chassis rail on the drivers side is different in both models. On one the engine mount recesses into the rail on the other the engine mount intrudes into the engine bay, making the fitting of X16XE or c20XE quite difficult. Take a look at a GSi's engine bay and then take a look at a 1.2's engine bay.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I was lead to believe the 1.2 16v shell was the same as gsi known as phase 2 the 8v 1st picture above was phase 1 no?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts