Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building a 1.4 16V turbo, I'm putting a remote oil filter to get the space needed for the turbo, the question is does the oil cooler go in before or after the filter. I thought before because pressure would be higher, and if it's second hand then and c**p in it will be caught by the filter, any gen, pleaseeeeee
Cheers James

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
use a remote oil filter then use an oil cooler plate onto that... u need a plate for the stat or the oil would be too cold

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you use the one off of the 2.0XE or is the plate too big, saw a pic of oil cooler assembliy for the XE, would it fit??
Thought you might know, can an F20 go on a smallblock engine??

·
Registered
9,212 Posts
Hi, I used the oil filter stud from my 1.4SR engine block in my 20XE engine no problem, so you should be fine with that!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So would I need the longer oil filter stud to go with the oil cooler and pipe work and the plate for it too?? Would this just be the entire assemble form a XE then a remote filter plate on the top??
Would this affect oil pressure? Would a larger volume sump nee to be sourced to cope with all the extra pipe work??
Cheers

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
j1400 said:
. Would a larger volume sump nee to be sourced to cope with all the extra pipe work??
Cheers
This simply depends which way up you mount the oil cooler rad. If you mount it with the connectors at the bottom, and if the rad is higher than the sump, then it'll drain back into the sump, so the answer would be yes.

If however you mount it with the connectors at the top, it won't drain, so no. You will however have to top up the oil once the engine has been run for the first time, to get the level back to normal once the cooler rad has been filled.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts