Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure weather this question shud come under this thread so apologies if it is not.

I love my baby corsa too pieces and don't really want to sell her although she has got only a timid 1.0litre 3cly engine. (Not very quick). everything else that is done to it i like but i need more power.

Basically, im in need of either an engine change or some serious tuning of a 1.0litre. i tend to think the engine conversion will be the best option.
This brings me to my real question.

Where can i get a converstion done for cheap? Can't do it myself cause i havnt got a clue about doing serious sh*t to enignes and don't really want to pay regal or courtneay an arm and a leg although i hear their work is the bollocks.

Show me the light miggers! Anyone with any ideas please post back. getting overtaken bya scooter aint funny! :eek:

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
im cheaper than regal and courtney.

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
Most garages won't touch anything that isn't a straight forward like for like swap. There may be someone local to you who will do it for a price but you can't beat getting stuck in yourself.

It's nuts and bolts. As long as you are capable of using a spanner you can do it.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it all depends on how much things cost. To be honest im more inclined to have 1.6 instead rather than a LET or XE simply because of the insurance.

How much do engines cost these days anyway. obviously i would be needing a good one with options to be tuned if need be. :cool:

·
Banned
22,254 Posts
G21REG said:
Well it all depends on how much things cost. To be honest im more inclined to have 1.6 instead rather than a LET or XE simply because of the insurance.

How much do engines cost these days anyway. obviously i would be needing a good one with options to be tuned if need be. :cool:
THE VALET MAN on here has a 1.6 for sale with 40odd thousand miles for sale, PM him! I think he was only wanting £100 for it! :eek:

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
G21REG said:
getting overtaken bya scooter aint funny! :eek:

It is when its someone else! Sorry couldnt stop laughin when i read that bit. Should defo go for the c16xe or is it the x16xe? The one with tons of performance but its been restricted heavily..

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Ye i'm sure one of them came close to 150bhp which was one of there more powerful engines so restricted it.. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts