Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this a ball joint?

and is it broken? the other side looks different, not as broken looking. when i jack the car up, i can grab hold of the wheel and pull it slightly from left to right. isn't that a sign something's wearing out?

also i noticed recently the front wheels have been wobbling a bit. seems to get a bit worse when i brake. is this caused by warped disks?

lastly, the car seems to pull to the left slightly. i looked at the wear on the tyres and the drivers side is fine:

but the passenger side is really badly worn on the inside edge:

what could make it so badly worn?

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
yeah thats a ball joint. if youre worried about the funny angle, its not a problem, you just need to check the rubber boot is intact, and that the balljoint doesnt dislocate (get a lever in there between the strut). the tyre wear is tracking i would have thought. or the lower balljoint on that side.

·
Banned
4,005 Posts
its the track rod end to test it jack up the car so the wheels of the ground and hold the wheel at 6 and 9 o clock and shake side to side if you can feel movment then have a look at the joint if the rubbers split the joint still can be ok.

·
Registered
10,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry i didn't come round ben, that guy never phoned me about the bumper :(

i checked the ball joint like oddball said, and it doesn't come apart or anything so i guess its fine. the rubber does look a bit perished though. how hard is it to replace one?

also, where is the lower ball joint so i can check that?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.