Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above, what's the general procedure, how do I get the holes in the right place, do i need spigot rings etc. theyre from a 911 turbo. mark.

·
Registered
45,356 Posts
I drilled mine,using the below template.V6 brakes to 4 stud.
Unsure what spiggot rings you will use though.

·
Registered
45,356 Posts
Sorry should have said i drilled a pilot hole then gradually went up to the 13mm needed,for the final size.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what exactly are the spiggot rings? and why wont correct sized holes do the job? im not sure but those 5 stud holes look like 108PCD, on the porsche discs the PCD is 5x130 which suggests to me the holes may not even have to cross.

so i just print that out, check the scale, tack it to my discs and go drill happy on them?

·
Registered
45,356 Posts
MarkyG said:
what exactly are the spiggot rings? and why wont correct sized holes do the job? im not sure but those 5 stud holes look like 108PCD, on the porsche discs the PCD is 5x130 which suggests to me the holes may not even have to cross.
Spiggot rings take the gap away that may be there if the centre bore of the disk is different from the centre bore of the vauxhall disks.
The diagram is for V6 stud brakes to 4 stud vauxhall.

MarkyG said:
so i just print that out, check the scale, tack it to my discs and go drill happy on them?
Yeah you could do,make sure it is central though,don't go wrecking the porsche disks.

·
Moderator / Memberships
19,135 Posts
Remember, the holes in the disc are simply to allow the roadwheel bolts through to the hub, they play NO part in aligning the disc of holding it still. The alignment is normally taken care of by accurate machining on the hub flange, plus a single screw to keep is aligned with the bolt holes. The clamping action of the wheel on the hub is what keeps the disc still, otherwise it'd simply chop though the bolts.

In short, accuracy with the holes isn't crtical, but the hub spacer (spiggot ring) is.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
riight, so now im confused, theres a flange on the centre of the hub right? so i will need a single ring around this flange, between the flange and the edge of the bore through the cente of the discs I buy? mark.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Basically, the 4 holes you drill have to be roughly the correct size and orientation - but this doesn't have to be 100% because they play no part in the alignment/centralisation of the disk.

However, the large hole through the centre of the disk may be slightly larger than the hub you are putting it on! In which case you need a spiggot ring, which is made to size to fill in the gap :)

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cool, so ill probably need one of them, who makes em?

also how can i find out the centre bore of my corsa hubs? its a corsa c but i belive it has the same hub diameter as the b.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
not sure if anyone makes rings for your specific application, so you may need to go to a machine shop with the measurements.. you need the diameter of the hole in the centre of the wheel, the diameter of the hub bit, and the depth of ring you want.

measurements of the hub could be in the haynes manual, but it's quite easy to measure it yourself with a set of vernier calipers.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
surely i need the diameter of the hole in the centre of the disc and the diameter of the bit the disc sits on on the hub (56.6mm) and the ring just sits in the gap between the two? what function does the flange perform, cos ive got aftermarket wheels on at the moment and im pretty sure they have a centre bore much larger than the hub.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
MarkyG said:
surely i need the diameter of the hole in the centre of the disc and the diameter of the bit the disc sits on on the hub (56.6mm) and the ring just sits in the gap between the two?
Yes, sorry, that's right - I had wheels in my head not discs!

MarkyG said:
what function does the flange perform, cos ive got aftermarket wheels on at the moment and im pretty sure they have a centre bore much larger than the hub.
The wheels will still sit in the same place they are now. If the bore or the wheel is bigger, but you have been alright up to now, then I wouldn't bother with any spiggots for the wheel, but they may be an idea also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts