Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have ben thinking about droppin the astra for a while now.
dont really understand what the best way is.
iv seen adverts advertising springs and kits????? what am i looking for??
anyone know any good cheap suspension?

·
Registered
10,010 Posts
best... OR cheapest, that is the question.

the best is arguable, probably coilovers which can cost shed-loads.

the cheapest is to get some lowering springs which will make your car look lower and probably handle a bit better but will wear out your standard shocks in no time at all.

the most common way is to fit shortened stiffer shocks and lowering springs. which you can either buy seperately or in a kit.

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
suspension is made up of shocks and springs u can buy a set which contains 4 springs and 4 shocks

or if you want to save some money u can keep ur standard shocks and just replace the springs which some slightly shorter ones which of course means you car will sit slightly lower

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Lowering springs will be your best route for the time being.
Do not exceed 40mm on the std shock absorbers, otherwise they will wear very quickly.

Make sure your shocks are in good condition/plenty of life left before fitting new springs.
They can cost anywhere from £65 - alot more...

The cheaper ones should do you though www.tuning.co.uk

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Cheapest would be to cut the springs, but you dont really wana do that. Go for a kit, makes sooo much difference. makes driving more of a pleasure and more fun.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
think turbo matt is on about me

if ur just after springs ive got a set of -40mm spax springs that have done like 1k miles looking for 40 quid for em, but collection only tho

pm me if intrested

·
Registered
15,856 Posts
For just a -40mm drop you shouldn't need shortened shocks , if your shocks are ok get the springs from reece . If they are as saggy as my nans tits get the shocks too . If you want cheap go for g-max shocks , they are still pretty good quality .

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
go and nick the sandbags holding down roadsigns , at roadworks near you.

chuck them in the boot, then chop the front springs with angle grinder.

nice n low, nice n cheap

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.