Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks just looking for some opinions on the best course of action for me. Yesterday i started to hear a squeak from the front NS of my car so i took my wheel off and gave that side a good inspection, i thought it was my disks rubbing but on closer inspection it seems to be coming from the CV boot, so i'm thinking the boot has dried up so i've not drove the car until i get the CV grease and clamp and i regrease it, however while under the car i've noticed the back side of my NS disk is quite worn, the disk is quite worn out but the back seems maybe 1mm more worn than the front. I'm now going to change both disks at the same time because the brakes have been squeaky for a while. On looking at the pads they seem fine so its really just the disks.

Since im replacing the disks what should i go for (256mm IIRC)

Should i just get std disks from vauxhall?
Get standard disks from autovaux?
get some of these EBC or whoever uprated disks?

Hold out and go for big disks?

Also should i change the pads?, i've noticed that vauxhall pads seem to be really really dusty - is there any particular way round this, maybe get greenstuff pads?

Thanks for replies in advance :)

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the pads are not that old, i'm going to rip the caliper off 2moro morning while i'm doing the CV, but i get the feeling the pads are OK. My mate who knows his stuff says there is nothing wrong with the pads.

Also i do think the rear pad has been dragging slightly but again i won't know until i've got the caliper off the car 2moro.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sounds OK to me mate - unfortunatly that doesn't help me any because the V6 calipers don't fit my car only astra calipers fit my car - not sure about disks i know i can use the GSi turbo disks but they need redrilled to 4stud and AFAIK the calipers should bolt right on.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
"288mm 4 stud Brake Upgrade
288mm 4 stud Brake Upgrade will fit Nova, Corsa, Astra, Cavalier, Calibra, Price includes Discs, Pads, and Calipers
We can also offer a Vectra 308mm 5stud Upgrade for £205 price includes Caliper brackets and Pads all genuine Vauxhall stock
Price: £195"

Pasted from site, should fit?

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
Kenny-MK4Astra said:
the pads are not that old, i'm going to rip the caliper off 2moro morning while i'm doing the CV, but i get the feeling the pads are OK. My mate who knows his stuff says there is nothing wrong with the pads.
but they will be shaped to the knackered disks, regardless of age.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
really? damn guess i best replace them too at the same time.

Nobody has given me an opinion on what disks to go for and if i should get vauxhall or greenstuff pads

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.