Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you think a good power gain from the nitrous will be? its a x16xe with a four branch straight through exhaust and twin carbs with the standard ignition, the engen hasnt been lightend/strenthend in any way

also its going to the rolling road on tuesday to have the carbs set up, what power should i expect without N2O

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Wont you only get between 30-60 bhp? I dont know like this is just a rough guess...

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Dunno if you'll blow up your engine like.. My exact GUESS is bout 35. Dont really have a clue though.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
chip ran more than 100 thru an xe. How much you will get depends o the jets, and they are available up to silly increases. The question is what you engine will take. Id say 50 will be fine, more and you have to start being helpful, but Im only going on what Ive been told in the past. You can run far more from a progressive comtroller than you can in a single hit too. The other question is whats the car for? Nitrous puts greater pressure on everything, stressing the engine more, so its life will be reduced, the more you run, the less time between rebuilds. Id imagine 50 thru a progressive controller would be fine, and the increased wear wouldnt be particularly noticeable TBH.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
how are you running twin carbs with the standard ignition? you are talking about a 1.6 16v? if you have left the standard ecu running the ignition you would be better off spending the cash on mabbable ignition instead of nitrous

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
we kept all the sensors on and just removed the wires for the fuel injectors, yes it is a 1.6 16v, the nitrous is a fairly old system and was given to me so i have money left for a progressive controller, any recomendations on which one?

20-30 bhp down is a hell of a lot, i was only expecting a 30ish bhp increse anyway, how much are you thinking i should get with the carbs and the right ignition?

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
i no some one that stuck 100 shot threw a 2.0 16v standard engine (orig 136bhp)so i would say 40-50 should be ok

·
Registered
253 Posts
preston7 said:
we kept all the sensors on and just removed the wires for the fuel injectors, yes it is a 1.6 16v, the nitrous is a fairly old system and was given to me so i have money left for a progressive controller, any recomendations on which one?

20-30 bhp down is a hell of a lot, i was only expecting a 30ish bhp increse anyway, how much are you thinking i should get with the carbs and the right ignition?
Not 100% but a 1.6 16v with (properly setup (ignition)) twin carb's should be getting around 130-140bhp alone. Your taking away the restrictive inlet etc so it should be feasable.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
imo the ecu will say "what the ****, where are my injectors" then switch to backup map, conservative timing and 4500rpm rev limit

1 - 11 of 11 Posts