Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I noticed this pipe is not connected to bugger all:confused: it has got a jubilee clip on the end but i couldnt find no-where for the pipe to be attached :(

·
Banned
12,030 Posts
Goes to the inlet manifold (centre section with to pipes sticking outta throttle body

·
Registered
12,581 Posts
Its a breather hose (like on your old XE engine). It doesn't need to be conneted to anything but I hav a feeling that it routes to the inlet manifold which means there may be a hole in the inlet manifold now when the hose is supposed to connect. That will need blocking.

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i had a feeling it was a breather hose but cant find the hole it's suppose to go in...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:) ta matey....:confused: whats that then? :p ;)

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cheers matey ;)

·
Registered
15,614 Posts
that end in your hand should connect to a one way valve.

The other end of the valve goes to the throttle body connection (the bottom one with the water pipes round it )

Vauxhall one way valves are £10 are are usless and break,
Maybe get one from halfords.

It should allow air into the throttle body, not out.

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
AndyK:

But if you see the end of the pipe im 'not' holding..it connects to the back of the redtop rocker cover..just like the normal NA redtop...:rolleyes: hmmmmmm.....

*oops read your reply wrong lol..sozzz i still have to find where this end of pipe im holding goes to in the tb area :rolleyes:
cheers andyk :)

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

cheers AndyK :)
aye...this bit i highlighted is the bit that was sitting in the engine bay...there must be sum kind of nozzle or sumthing eitherside if the plastic thing so the pipe fits onto it? :confused: casue this one aint got em but obviously did have at sometime...so i need another one of these then yeah matey?

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
Andy K said:
Vauxhall one way valves are £10 are are usless and break,
Maybe get one from halfords....
Go to a pet store, and ask for a one-way valve for your fishes' tank. You'll get two for £2.
cheaper than any of the 'tuning' jokers.
Flows better, too (scientifically tested by blowing throughlmao )
A MUST for high-boost turbos:p Just make sure you install it the right-way round (or else you'd be boosting your camcover!)

Seriously, it's better

Ain't the internet wonderful?:D :beer:

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
pmsl!!! lmao u aving a laugh aint yer :confused: :rolleyes: :p
* penny's checking her fish tank stuff now :D

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
here u go.......:p

:D

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
ok having looked at this pipe on mine, i dont have one of the one way valves. whats the difference then? do i need it? would a one way valve from a brake servo line work?

cheers

rodgerq

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
If there is no one way valve the inside of the engine is pressurised with boost. This is bad.

Having the pipe off the cylinder head open to atmospher is better than having it connected with no one way valve. Although th original proper way is the best.

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
hmmmm guess ill be gettin that fixed then. what kinda symtoms can this cause??

cheers

rodgerq

ps would the servo one way valve be ok

1 - 20 of 25 Posts