Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Righty then, got the phase 3.5 fitted, runnin quite well but could be better, made 14.1 at the pod. Can`t get a descent rolling road slot till end of JUNE :(, so was thinkin maybe somet else before then! :)

Wasn`t sure wether to go for

1) Ported polished gas flowed head, including nice new steel head gasket.
2) Apexi AVCR boost controller.

Either way i`ve gotta find somehwere to help, first someone to do the port/polishing and second to help me fit the APexi. Everything can then be set up at VELO`s hopefully :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
finished fitting everything on Friday nigth around 11:30, was runnin down the pod 12 hours later :rolleyes: Need more time to get evrything running properly was only boostin to around 1.2bar.

Autronic or MBE is maybe next year when i can afford to run as econd car whilst playin with the cally!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,030 Posts
Bicco said:
finished fitting everything on Friday nigth around 11:30, was runnin down the pod 12 hours later :rolleyes: Need more time to get evrything running properly was only boostin to around 1.2bar
Hmmm whats the problem with that? Its only supposed to run 1.2 bar, you won't see any overboost on the drag strip ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,331 Posts
ChrisReay said:
3" Exhaust. You'll feel the difference.
Talking for experience there Chris? Had a bespoke one made up with your own seperated wastegate flange?


I would say headwork. Done right you will really notice the improvement, off and on boost. Should even get better MPG if you don't boot it.

AVC-R won't allow you to do anything other than control your boost a tiny bit better. No additional power or any other real benefit.
Don't get me wrong, noice piece of kit. I have one on my 2wd LET for specific gear boost control.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
879 Posts
Russ said:
Talking for experience there Chris? Had a bespoke one made up with your own seperated wastegate flange?
Haven't managed to finish a downpipe yet.

Made the rest of the system to replace my previously catless 2.5", I've put the original cat back in but chopped and welded a 3" pipe to it. Rest of system from there is 3" with a corvette 5.7 back box which at moment has a 2.5" exit on each side of the car. Can now make 19-20 psi in lower gears, where as before could only manage 13-14. Quieter aswell. Cost me about £230 to make. Oh 316 stainless.

Would take some pics but Mrs has the Calibra today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,331 Posts
ChrisReay said:
Haven't managed to finish a downpipe yet.

Made the rest of the system to replace my previously catless 2.5", I've put the original cat back in but chopped and welded a 3" pipe to it. Rest of system from there is 3" with a corvette 5.7 back box which at moment has a 2.5" exit on each side of the car. Can now make 19-20 psi in lower gears, where as before could only manage 13-14. Quieter aswell. Cost me about £230 to make. Oh 316 stainless.

Would take some pics but Mrs has the Calibra today.
Sounds very unusual! Plenty of improvisation.
And you let your wife drive it? :eek:
What turbo and software is it running for those boost figures?

Btw, any k16 exhaust flanges or fidanza flywheels left? Could do with another one of each......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
879 Posts
Russ said:
Sounds very unusual! Plenty of improvisation.
And you let your wife drive it? :eek:
What turbo and software is it running for those boost figures?

Btw, any k16 exhaust flanges or fidanza flywheels left? Could do with another one of each......
Standard turbo on that engine, EDS Phase 3 chips.

Should be sorting some more flywheels soon. I have some T3 flanges to be done this week so I can get a K16 one done at the same time.

Chris
 

·
MIGClub Member
Joined
·
14,789 Posts
Don't change anything until you work out why you are not running faster times. Maybe spend the cash on sorting traction or fixing what ever isn't working properly. You should see at least 13.5 with that setup.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top