Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as per usual looking through ebay and spotted a 1.4 injection nova

anyways i looked at the engine pic and i could swear it looks exactly the same as my old 14nv which of course is a carb engine, yet you look at the back and you spot a 1.4i badge.

so what does this make it a 1.4 SPI, didnt know they put those in nova's, someone care to shed some light on this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9858&item=2478651028&rd=1

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
looks like a carb job to me..but i don't know that engine that well

·
Registered
232 Posts
its most definatly a carb, i bought a novA witch had a 1.4i badge turned out on closer inspection it was an L , :mad:

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
RAC Check Returned this...

Manufacturer: Vauxhall
Model: NOVA MERIT I
Body type: 5 door hatchback
Colour: Red
Fuel type: Petrol
Date manufactured: 31 December 1991
Number of previous owners: 0
Last owner change: 02 August 1991

ONLY 1 Owner thats cool!!

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
technically spi IS just a carb with an injector stuck in the side. ive seen spi engines with the old style carb flying suacer air box, and the newer style top hat, tubing and seperate filter box.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
good enough for me, i've seen injected cars with those daft filters too, all were SPi or carb though

e.g. mini cooper and renault megane

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

its really quite hard to tell, but a second glance at that pic reveals it only has 2 screws, where as on my old 14nv it has three i dont know if this makes a difference at all just something i noticed.

also the reason i didnt think it was an injection was because i thought they used different rocker covers on the spi's

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Binary Shadow said:
looks aspirated to me.. but hell what do i know lol

EDIT: No iv changed my mind now i dunno wot it is, u can see the fuel key thing that tells it the RON of the petrol so im thinking injected now dunno tho tbh :rolleyes:
Sorry to nitpick, but it cannot not be aspirated.............................sorry I just saw the humourous side of that statement, I am not having a gripe fella. ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.