Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I presume you need a "light" clutch, and new starter. Also, you'll need to change your ECU to idle at more like 1.5K?

Will this result in a car that is no longer sensible for use on the road?

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
jonix said:
I presume you need a "light" clutch, and new starter. Also, you'll need to change your ECU to idle at more like 1.5K?

Will this result in a car that is no longer sensible for use on the road?
no reason why it wouldn't idle ok (ish) - you'd only have real problems if you had wild cams as well - an ultralight flywheel and 300 degree cams would probably need a high idle.

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
standard starter ap twin plate clutch 7 1/4 inch with a 3.5 kg billet steel flywheel and a alloy bottom pully but on the down side bar those bits the only other thing i have is piece of paper that says bye bye 700 pound

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
sbd16vastra said:
gary we will see when my astra comes out in august do you think yours will be some were ready and are you on msn messenger
mines just hibernating at the mo - I've not done anything to it since I took it off the road - I'm slowly building up to a bare shell respray.. don't know whether it'll be back on the road in yellow tbh.

when yours is ready you'll have to pop round - mine still runs just fine, be good to get them side by side on the drive for a nose round :)

not on msn btw.

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
yea i will do were you from in swindon as i was saying the other day but never got around to it my dad owns a1 vauxhalls, i am going away at the end of the month so he is finishing the car

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.