Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

What do you think this is ?

967 views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  Dom 
#1 ·
Go on - have a guess - I'll tell you the answer later on ;)

It might take a little while to load (especially on a 56k modem).

Answers below - first correct answer gets a pat on the back ;)

See less See more
#3 ·
Could be - never discount the obvious.

Carry on guessing though - the answers pretty cool :)

#10 ·
Ahhh but is it a voltmeter ? ;)

Its part of a universal 52mm gauge set I'm making.

The one in the picture is a 9-16 volt meter.

It is microprocessor controlled (no analogue pants here ;)

You can use it in bar graph mode, single dot mode and it can be linked to your amp to give light to music as well (seperate input and it can switch between the two).

It also has a "show mode" for when you're showing off the car - alternating lights as shown in the picture and more .......

Other gauges I'm making are a lambda sensor gauge (0-1 volt), oil pressure gauge, tachometer, temperature gauge, gear shift change (programmable) gauge and a fuel gauge :)

You can have any combination of colours - red, yellow, orange, green and blue on the gauge and they can be in any position you want.

I've designed these so they can be fitted into a standard 52mm pod. Its early days for development at the moment and I'm going to be doing a fair bit of testing before I release them as products but I'm getting there :)

Comments / suggestions are welcome as always

Dom

#12 ·
Fenix said:
Just get on with that HUD will ya :p

Looking good mateyou certainly know what your doing.
HUD prototype finished but until I get divorce and crap like that sorted out selling this stuff is on hold. I'm using my time do develop a range of products that will be released when the money grabbing ex cant touch any profits :)

#16 ·
Looking to knock them out at around £25 each - I havent done anything with the cases cos that would bump the price up considerably and not everyone wants a case.

As it is, its an over engineered product with a microcontroller doing the signal processing and a seperate LED controller chip handling the display routing (the LED chip alone costs £4 !!). I've done this like I have to eliminate flicker caused when you cycle the displays - I cant stand multiplexed flickering displays (look at your alarm clock and shake it about to see what I mean).

It costs me around £15 to make a unit so no major money here till I produce in bulk but as I say - watch this space ....... ;)

#26 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.