• I don't like it

Votes: 282 17.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
MIGClub Member
14,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

What do you think of the Astra Mk5? In fairness, this is the 5 door version - the 3 door one is supposed to be much nicer but will not be around for ages. :(

·
Registered
91 Posts
no different. looks like another almera, mazda3, new shape golf, even the new tigra that is coming out in the summer looks exactly the same but with a soft roof and smaller......

now it's difficult to tell what car is what. confused.......

i am tempted to say that this car may have brill features but looks from what i can see, boring...

happy enough with my mk4 astra :) at least it doesn't look like any other car...

·
Registered
361 Posts
it is terrible.
what has happend to new cars these days ('normal' cars I mean not TVR or whatever)? they have no character at all.
boring.

·
Registered
16,891 Posts
it is different, but i spose it could be mistaken for a hyundai or somit :confused: it dont look like a fookas (thank god) its different from a golf, and its very different from the 'normal' astra. a 3.2 v6 gsi version would be soooo cool, monster brakes and mental styling with all the toys... now thats an astra! ;)

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
The photo shopped 3 door doesn't look too bad or in my mind with a set of 18's and lowered a lot it does.

Don't like that they keep making cars arches bigger and bigger! i mean back in the day people who could actually fit 17's on their car were nuts for paying the cash for them and having to roll the crap out of their arches to do it!

Now my astra takes 17's and they look tiny, i'm going to have to buy spacers and drop the car 40 just so they look at least a little bit big!

And the MK5 i'm hearing comes with 18's as an option! so does the net vectra. This is going to be america soon where everyone has 22inch wheels on corsa sized cars - i'm not a fan of HUGE wheels

It will be virtually unchangeable electronics too according to T.V their diagram speaks of data chanels running from ECU around the car, i'm guessing this is a new incarnation of the can-bus loom?

And whats with chrome making a come back its s0o0 bad!

The photoshop of the 3door is growing on me the 5 door isnt!

·
Registered
9 Posts
IT doesnt look to bad but there aint nothing that aint been done before, looks a bit 'normal' to me... the backend looks like a toyota yaris!

1 - 20 of 162 Posts