Votes: 60 12.0%
  • Not a Vauxhall

Votes: 73 14.6%

• Total voters
121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ive only ever had vauxhalls, so i fancy a change for my next car and will probably buy a celica gt4 or an EVO 5/6/7

·
Registered
9 Posts
after havin my non-vauxhall writen off recently after someone rear ending me i was given a new astra as a hire car an loved it reminded me of my cav days when i was a teenager which in turn lead me to geting my vectra so i said another vauxhall, i want an older one as a side project, maybe an astra mk2!

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
i think a lot of the hardened vauxhall fans are so because they've not driven many proper cars :p.
When/if i get a proper car it will be german or japanese FTW. I think most people have problems with vauxhalls, but stay with them because they are quite easy to repair, many parts about etc, suits me just fine.
We've had a merc c180 kompressor in the family since 2003, had it since 30k it's now on 160k miles, only things it's ever had is a new set of plugs (as well as the regular servicing obv.)
My dads passat is a lovely cruiser aswell that's on 140k and has only had a clutch and now a few new bushes&joints.
Both have been ragged from cold every day lol and not ever a single problem.

The amount of times i read about ecotecs throwing rods, smallblocks snapping cambelts (been there), xe's running lumpy/cutting out at junctions, diesels knackering pumps etc etc it's just a shoddy show from vauxhall i think lmao. Fair enough the engines are quite old but for the amount of money they see from the regular migger in form of new this and that, it's still a fail imo.

So much better out there for same money/less.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
I really hate it when people say that :mad:

Why arent Vauxhalls 'proper' cars then?!?!
No, i was referring to my car specifically lol, not vauxhalls as a whole. Mine's not really even a vauxhall i guess :rolleyes:
Also by proper i also meant something in daily use, reliable and dependable, as opposed to a project out of which i get 2 months use per year :doh: (entirely my fault lol)
did i mention i got a new cambelt for it for 99p, you cant really beat that mr mercedes lmao

·
Registered
822 Posts
No, i was referring to my car specifically lol, not vauxhalls as a whole. Mine's not really even a vauxhall i guess :rolleyes:
Also by proper i also meant something in daily use, reliable and dependable, as opposed to a project out of which i get 2 months use per year :doh: (entirely my fault lol)
did i mention i got a new cambelt for it for 99p, you cant really beat that mr mercedes lmao
Ahh fair enough sorry, kinda crossed wires so to speak ;) ...just got used to members slagging Vauxhalls off on a vauxhall forum i used to be on.

99p cambelt isnt to be sniffed at no, poundshop bargain lmao ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Maybe would have been a Vauxhall until Wed night when looks like put a rod through the block after 51,000 carefulish miles and oil change every 5,000 miles. Now probably gunna have to be scrapped.....My previous cars - not Vauxhalls - have all manged over 100,000 without any major problems despite being driven harder ( I was younger then ! ) ....

121 - 135 of 135 Posts