• Not a Vauxhall

Votes: 73 14.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
MIGClub Member
14,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of interest, what will brand do you think your next car will be?

Just for clarification, here is how the options are divided up in detail:

Vauxhall Again – For the die hard Vauxhall fans, or even those very happy with their current Vauxhall. You will be looking to buy another Vauxhall as soon as you want to replace your current car.

Most Likely Vauxhall – You really like Vauxhalls, so you will most likely end up with another one for your next car, but you are not going to dismiss other options that are available from other brands.

Could be Anything. – You’re not bothered if it is a Vauxhall or not. You’ll be looking at all brands and if your next car is a Vauxhall or not, you’re not bothered.

Not Vauxhall – For those who hate their current Vauxhall and want no more Vauxhalls out of principle, or maybe you just want a change.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Ive had a load of Vauxhall cars since i was 17, two mk3 astras, two novas, two cavaliers and a vectra,

My next car is going to what ever i can afford at the time, but it wont be Vauxhall

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
I went with ` Not Vauxhall `as I fancy a change for the next car.

Already had about 15 vauxs (mainly cavs), a Maserati is on the cards next (twin turbo V6) but doubtless there will be more gms in the future.

·
Registered
19 Posts
most likely Vauxhall

This is our third Vectra, first was 2.5 V6 then demoted to a 1.8 SRI & now a 2.2i Direct SRI, which is as pleasurable and as fast to drive as the 2.5!. Having minor (hopefully) rectifiable probs with new motor but all in all very happy with car in general. With 2 kids & two adults both in need of good leg room & safe motorway driving we always seem to be drawn back to trusted old faithful. As long as current probs are sorted we would happily buy again. :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
im REALLY thinking about getting an ugly cayenne 'S'
they can be as low as £15k now ive spent more than that on my NOTHING BUT ****ING PROBLEM ZAFIRA GSI!!
trouble is ill spend another £15k a year in petrol plus, petrol is going to be £1.50 a litre buy the end of the year
they do 15mpg my 280ish bhp is only returning around 23mpg so not that much of a problem really, about an extra £1000 a year in petrol we only do around 5-7k miles a year but what a tool, been looking on ebay and there are loads of 560bhp 'S' for £18k
what do people think of them?
dont say they are ugly as EVERYBODY knows there isnt an ugler car on the planet.lmao
I dont need 4x4 EVER!
dont need the extreme power
dont really know why i want one but i do so thats a good enough reason, i was alos looking at keeping the poxy troublesome gsi and getting an Audi S8 about £5k but then i keep looking at them Cayenne's:doh:

·
Registered
840 Posts
Going to seel the BMW and Ford, Keep the Vauxhall and buy her something,thinking of getting an S2000 for some fun and a volvo estate for her family car.

·
Registered
13,010 Posts
Most likely a Vauxhall, but not a new one. In fact the one car I really fancy next is the Mk5 Astra, I love the look of them and all the Astras I've had (Mk1 to Mk4) have been brilliant.

Dave, by your own reckoning it'd be pointless buying a Cayenne. You don't need a 4x4, the fuel costs/servicing/insurance/road tax will be frightening and you don't need the power anyhow. Wouldn't you be better off buying a luxo barge of some kind? You can get smart modern executive diesel cars with plenty of poke and all the right image that will be better and cheaper to own and hold their value more too.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Most likely a Vauxhall, but not a new one. In fact the one car I really fancy next is the Mk5 Astra, I love the look of them and all the Astras I've had (Mk1 to Mk4) have been brilliant.

Dave, by your own reckoning it'd be pointless buying a Cayenne. You don't need a 4x4, the fuel costs/servicing/insurance/road tax will be frightening and you don't need the power anyhow. Wouldn't you be better off buying a luxo barge of some kind? You can get smart modern executive diesel cars with plenty of poke and all the right image that will be better and cheaper to own and hold their value more too.
this is also my thinking but like what?
ive got 3 kids and all that they bring, bikes, shopping etc
whats about as a all rounder?
just thought of a cayenne without thinking but have been into them for about 3-4weeks now and the ideas not going away yet!

·
Admin/show reporter
11,663 Posts
Fancy either another Nova for old times sake, or a Mk1 Manta

·
Super Moderator
23,721 Posts
We're getting a new VW Golf GT TDI Sport next week with the DSG gearbox.

Its actually arriving this week but we have to wait until the 08 registration comes through before we can pick it up.

And while the missus is frapping that around I'll be keeping the good old Vectra as the school bus.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Never Buy A Vauxhall Again, Ever!

I'M SORRY TO SAY THAT I WENT WITH NEVER BUY A VAUXHALL AGAIN, I HAVE AN ASTRA 1.7 CDTI SRI 100BHP AND WHEN I SAW THE CAR I FEEL IN LOVE THEY ARE SEXY!
HOWEVER WITH THE MILES I DO I NEED ECONOMY AND THIS CAR IS MORE LIKE A PETROL HUNGRY SCOOBY THAN A DIESEL FAMILY CAR I GET 40-42MPG AND I DRIVE ON A ROADS SO 60+MPH IS WISHING! I JOINED THIS SITE TO TRY AND FIND IF THERE ARE OTHERS FINDING THE SAME AND I AM NOT ALONE BUT THERE IS NO REASON WHY! I HAVE CONTACTED VAUXHALL AND BEEN TO THREE DEALS WHO ARE ALL UNWILLING TO HELP AND JUST PALM YOU OFF WITH STUPID EXUSES TILL YOU GET RED IN FACE AND LOSE IT SO THE CAR IS C**P AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS WORSE.
HERE ENDTH THE LESSON!:doh:

·
Super Moderator
23,721 Posts
Maybe put some extra money towards a keyboard with a working Capslock key ;) :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi - noticed this - don`t have the same car as you but similar problems. I have an astra twintop 1.9 cdti 150 bhp - with the same problems - have done 6000 miles since new - used to get 40 ish mpg around town and much better on a run - now getting 19-20 round town and vauxhall have not got a clue. I have been with vauxhall - all types inc performance for over 30 years and totally disgusted with dealerships and customer service at vauxhall

·
Registered
29 Posts
My next vehicle will definately be a vauxhall. Either looking at an original J plate GSi or a good cond PH2 GSi.

Very happy with my L reg astra for now though :)

As for the dealer comments, I have never used one and never will. Any main dealer I have ever had dealings with have been crap. I don't think thats specific to Vauxhall.

·
Registered
208 Posts
well my nxt car will defantley be a vauxhall there jst easy 2 work on and bits are cheap for them. ive got a corsa with a astra gte 2.0 8v and ive gotta bita coin saved up and looking to buy a astra mk4 gsi turbo i just love em to bits :D

·
Registered
246 Posts
my next car will definetely be a vauxhall i've had over 40 of them including loads of cav gsi and turbos,sri but my favourite was my calibre and i've had 2 zafira gsi's couple of veccies,novas and corsa since i past my driving license

1 - 20 of 135 Posts