Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my calibra failed its mot last week on welding so it was booked in today to be done.

to cut a long story short the entire inner wing on the drivers side had to be rebuilt and the rear of the floor pan had split wide open.

i have now scrapped the car and have to start all over again :(

·
East Midlands Regional Coordinator
40,980 Posts
I felt a disturbance in the force... like a distant Calibra dying alone in a metal graveyard :(

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its gutted me to have to do it but the shell was just not worth playing with :(

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
You havent had a lot of luck with that car recently have you? I remember that fuel leak oh so clearly.... :p lmao

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i got that leak sorted plus a load of other bits and all for nothing

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
to be honest though... it was a 2litre 8v calibra.... whay did you bother in the first place?

Rich

PS, i doubt it was so bad you had to scrap it!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
My Astra is in for an MOT on friday, not looking forward to it.... :(

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AndrewM said:
did you keep the wheels? werent they from an astra
sold the wheels

to be honest though... it was a 2litre 8v calibra.... whay did you bother in the first place?
typical response from you, it was only a 2.0 8v but it was my car and i liked it very much and as for it not been that bad u didnt see it in the garage i did.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
to be honest anything could have been fixed if it meant that much to you.

BUT, it was a 2litre 8v calibra.... why??? and why did vauxhall do it in the first place??

Rich

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
C20LETMINI said:
to be honest anything could have been fixed if it meant that much to you.

BUT, it was a 2litre 8v calibra.... why??? and why did vauxhall do it in the first place??

Rich
it probably could have been fixed for a very large price tag and i dont like owning patchwork quilts

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
shame to see it go :( remember the hassle you had gettin it on the rollers !! always bad when somethin you've worked on yourself has to go, but at least you can start again with somethin more solid :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
C20letmini

this is directed at C20LETMINI only

with regards to your comments about badassastras car and vauxhaul making a 8v 2ltr cally i drive a porsche 4.7 v8 so as far as i am concerned why vauxhall at the end of the day they are rot boxes

1 - 20 of 41 Posts