Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me a connection diagram or any connections and setup info for a Weber 32/34 DMTL carb?

I Think I know where the fuel in is, but dont know about fuel return connections, etc. Also any info on setting up the choke, jets, idle speed, etc would be great.

Also does anyone have a proper K&N air filter for this carb for sale?

cheers.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
erm the return you have to plumb in using a t-piece as the carb dont have a return

either that or get a fuel pressure regulator

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
a: you should use a return as per the weber instructions

b: ive seen running problems by not using a return , engine flooding etc. (this happened on mine aswell as other people i know)

c: erm .......

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, so I get a t-piece and connect the fuel return pipe into the fuel in pipe after the pump? (1.2 engine, pump on cylinder head).

There are 2 other connections on the carb for hoses, one at the back and one at the front which used to be blanked off. what are these for?

cheers.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
they are for vacumn advance on ya dizzy

on mine only the one sucked, the other was blanked off inside

·
Registered
614 Posts
If you have a electric feul pump make sure its an interruptor type. i.e it cuts out once it gets to a certain pressure. the carb can hold up to 1.5 bar "I think" before the flow needle breaks.

Mechanical feul pumps will be fine but there will be a bit of extra stress if your not running a return, so if its an old unit it may begin to leak.

I have a k&N but its not for sale. On mine i have an adapter plate that sits on the carb and the filter sits ontop. May differ on yours.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rumble said:
Mechanical feul pumps will be fine but there will be a bit of extra stress if your not running a return, so if its an old unit it may begin to leak.
Yeah my fuel pump is a mechanical one on the camshaft housing. I am not sure how old this carb is as its second hand, but in good condition. If I fit the t-piece for a fuel return into the fuel feed line (after the pump) will this be ok. Not done anything quite like this before and dont want to risk damge to the carb.

cheers

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
you wont kill the carb by not fitting a return

if you do fit a return you wont get problems of needle valve wearing out, and /or carb over filling with fuel

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
Starting procedure and idle mixture adjustments

a. reconnect the battery earth terminal
b. pull the choke knob fully out, turn the key to crank and start the engine, then push in the choke knob to maintain approximately 1200rpm until normal working temperature is attained, and the choke can be fully returned
c. set the engine idle speed to approximately 850rpm by adjusting the idle stop screw
d. adjust the idle mixture screw to obtain the highest idle speed
e. repeat the last two operations (c and d) as necessary so that the highest attainable engine speed, by adjusting the idle mixture screw is 850rpm
f. the final adjustment should be made by turning the idle mixture screw approximately ½ turn clockwise to weaken the mixture and so obtain the emission value of CO 0.5-1.5 Vol. The engine idle speed should now stabilise at 800rpm.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cheers guys for your help. Should know which connections to use now then.

The connector on the fron t, middle of my carb is currently blocked off, the connector on the rear middle i will put to the vacuum advance on the dizzy, and I know the fuel in because that connector has an arrow on it. I will connect the fuel return line to the fuel feed line, After the pump. is that lot right?

cheers for the idle speed and mixture setup instructions oddball.

The carb was originally off a 1.4sr so it needs rejetting i think, is this something i can do and setup myself or do i need to drive to a rolling road?

cheers.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
the jetting is close enuf not to warrent changing

its only the secondry that changes, the primary is the same on the 1300 and 1400

get it rolling roaded for the best bet, as its only a rough guide that weber jet it to. i had a carb off a 1300 tuned , and rollin roaded. the jets were miles away from the weber standard for that carb. smaller jets iirc

the fuel return get t - pieced into the main feed between pump and carb

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
forgot to say my engine is 1200 so i will get it running and then rolling road it, then they can sort the jetting out.

does anyone know a rolling road place round the south manchester / stockport area?

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
wow what a blast from the past........gone are the days of 1.2's!!!
never did fit that carb either! lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts