Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Im desperately trying to find what I believe is a squib. I think it's sometimes referred to as a horn reel.

I'm not too sure of the correct terminology, but it was something I removed from just behind the steering wheel.

What provides the continious loop like connectivity from the steering wheel horn buttons to the horn sounder itself.

Not sure if the squib is dependant on steering wheel, or engine type etc. But my car was originally a 1.0 Breeze converted to a 1.6 16v all looms changed accordingly etc. The steering wheel is the triangular centre type, sometimes found in the Tigra MK1s and I think in the older Astra's.

Any one breaking a corsa with one they want to get rid of?

Cheers,

Mike

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right...

Some pics of what I'm after...

Squib / Horn Reel

Squib / Horn Reel View 2

Close up of Steering Column Area

Wide View of Steering Column Area

Back of Steering Wheel

So... does this mean anything to anyone?

Cheers,

Mike

·
Registered
19,876 Posts
Isn't that the part# to the left of the GM?

btw, there's one on ebay that looks similar, search for vauxhall horn squib :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Isn't that the part# to the left of the GM?

btw, there's one on ebay that looks similar, search for vauxhall horn squib :)
Thanks mate.

Of course it is, GM 09179297 - that helps, but still can't find that exact part. Ebay has 3 that look similar but apparently for Omega's and Vectra's with different part numbers.

Now I know what I'm looking for hopefully I'll have more joy. :)

·
Registered
458 Posts
May have one mate will doubel check tommorow and could post the lot with the other bits if your still interested in them (lost the camera but found it earlier so can get pics tommorow if so)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
May have one mate will doubel check tommorow and could post the lot with the other bits if your still interested in them (lost the camera but found it earlier so can get pics tommorow if so)
Thanks mate. If you do have same part then a price for the other bits previously mentioned and we have a deal :)

Let me know tomorrow and any pics you get would be good. Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts