Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Scottish Regional Co-ordinator
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Right folks...

The first 'major' Scottish event/show kicks of on Sunday 15th of April at Crail Raceway and like the past couple of years, we're aiming for a strong Mig turnout. Those of you who have been before will know the score, but for those who haven't... Crail Raceway is an old WW2 airbase right on the most eastern tip of Fife and mixes a quarter mile strip with a drifting 'oval' and a large grass show area. It's a good day out assuming it's not -10deg and blowing a force 10 gale. Plus the drive up and back is decent too!

When...
Sunday 15th of April
Gates open to trade stands and clubs at 09:00hrs
Gates open to the general public at 09:30hrs
Drag strip/drifting oval open at 10:00hrs

Where...
Crail Raceway
Crail
Fife
KY10 3XL

Distances and driving times...
Glasgow - 80 miles & 2.0hrs
Edinburgh - 55 miles & 1.5hrs
Aberdeen - 90 miles & 2.25hrs

Who...
Anybody who is a Mig member or a Migweb user plus anybody else who'd like to perhaps break their show virginity and come along for a day of banter, polishing cars and watching people in 1.2 Corsas trying it on with VXR8's.

Costs...
Entry fee - £8 per person (TBC)
Unlimited runs on the quarter miles strip - £15.00 (TBC)

Meeting/convoy point...
Whilst those travelling from the four corners usually arrange to meet locally and head on down from there, over the past few years we've started the main convoy from McDonalds just off the M90, junction 3 at Dunfermline. From there its about an hours drive up to Crail, whilst abiding to the speed limits as Fife Traffic Police are usually out hunting!

07:30am for a 08:00hrs departure
McDonalds
Fife Leisure Park
Off Junction 3, M90 motorway
Dunfermline
Fife
KY11 2AB

Times...
With Crail opeing at 09:00hrs to trade and club cars, we really want to be up there bright an early to get a decent spot and sorted so given it's roughly an hours drive from Dunfermline, I'd suggest we meet at McDoanlds just off junction 3 of the M90 at 07:30hrs and aim to be on our way up by 08:00hrs.

So long as we have a decent enough number there for it opening, we can then claim a space and slot people in as an when they arrive... ie, those who are travelling a significant difference. Though it's be a bit unfair to suggest people just swan in whenever they want and expect to get pride of place on the grass area!

Crail Raceway Drag Strip & Race Car Track Scotland

So if you're interested and are coming along, pop your name down and let us know if you'll be joining the convoy at Junction 3...

Any questions, just ask!

Cheers

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I'll be there, hoping to take the Nova or just in case I might take the Cavimatron.

Depends if I want to sit at 50 all the bloody way in the Nova :lmao:.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Should be up for this, will be in the tank or ^victor^... Might even be with abbie, hell i might have a vaux again by then :lmao:

·
Registered
869 Posts
I'll be there in the buzzbox. Bring on the crailface and 4 quid cheese burgers
Only £4 ? They must have dropped the prices Scotty lol

I'll be there as long as the car is still running well.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Would love to come again this year but got a 2 week old baby ! But we will try our best !

Only got one GTE this year , we sold SAJ and it went down south ! :(

Still got J15 though

·
Registered
703 Posts
I will be there, will bring one of the corsas hopefully the valver is done so a can try break it on quarter miles, never been so looking forward to it

1 - 20 of 169 Posts