Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Corsa 1.2 8v 1996

When wet car trys to cut out when stopping, car runs perfect in the dry weather but as soon as it rains car trys cutting out?I did have a pipercross induction on until 2months ago when i removed it??

Seems really strange as i have replaced Spark plugs, plug leads distributor, distributor cap??

Any ideas as to what is causing my problem as it only happens when it is wet, but the car still drives fine when moving just seems to try and die when stopping?It has never cut out on me yet but it trys to?

Please help as this is driving me crazy.

·
Registered
17,042 Posts
Only thing I can see causing the problem is the air temperature sensor your engine may be using a hot air mass air flow meter, as this works on the principle of air flowing past a platinum resistance element that is heated, which then cools down as the air flows past it, the faster the air flows the more the cooling and thus more change in its resitance value, the cooling action of air on this platinum changes its resistance which in turn allows the ecu to componsate the fuel/air mixture which depends on how much air is being drawn by an engine, the more the air drawn in the more cooling effect so more fuel is squirted into the engine, but there has to be an ambient air temperature sensor to componsate the incoming temperature of the ambient air, so I beleive this ambient air temperature sensor may have gone faulty as it may not be sensing that the incoming air during rain is slightly cooler than when its dry air.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts