Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a x14xe tigra with an electronic vehicle speed sensor and the sensor has packed up now when 2 vauxhall and bought a sensor for 38.74 :( went to put the thing on and i had to remove the battery and battery tray secondary air pump and water bottle then the power steering pipes are in the way so couldnt take the dam thing out could anyone give me any infomation on how to get at it a bit easyier im dreading on how much a garage would cost

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I take it you mean the speed sensor in the gearbox. I got it out no bother on my corsa once the battery etc was out of the way so it can be done. You need a long reach socket to get to the bolt and a long pair of pliers to pull it out but it definately can be done without removing steering pipes etc.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AJBek said:
I take it you mean the speed sensor in the gearbox. I got it out no bother on my corsa once the battery etc was out of the way so it can be done. You need a long reach socket to get to the bolt and a long pair of pliers to pull it out but it definately can be done without removing steering pipes etc.
what size is the bolt so i am not guessing the gear linkage is a problem too ill have another go tommorrow

1 - 5 of 5 Posts