Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
vectra 2.5 v6 misfiring.
gets progressivly worse when accellerating, it's so bad i'm unable to drive it. it has been to 2 macanics who haven't got a clue . we have ruled out plugs leads and egr valve. so far been ripped off £250 with no success. could it be a dis unit? didn't want to spend £80+ on one and it's not that, or could it be the cat? what would the tell tale signs be if it were to be one of those?
please help- going on holiday tues and need it to drive down to airport!!

i did have an escourt that had a cat go on it and it rattled when you banged on it ,is that the case for all faulty cats?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Coil pack tends to fail on two plugs at a time. They do fail though.

Have you checked your fault codes. You could have a sensor problem - air flow, camshaft, etc.

If the fault codes are clear I'd suspect the DIS pack.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if you mean when connected to a lap top does it come up with fault codes, then no , it doesn't come up with any faults at all.

i am going to get a dis coil pack from a breakers to try.
any other usfull surgestions to try if that isn't the problem?

·
Registered
4,073 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just spoken to mecanic he did try DIS, so we're back to the drawing board!!!!
could it be injectors, the misfiring and unable to get up to speed - air intake or lack of fuel???
or catalyts - if so where the cheapest to get one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Where you at mate? What year is the V6? I have an auto Xray reader, the new 6000 one. If your local to Leigh Lancashire, i'll blast out in my V6 and scan the car for you. Cost you my petrol and a tenner. Finn. Leigh

You might want to e-mail me if i'm out of the forum.. [email protected]

Be glad to help... Finn

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to all

problem solved. thanks to everyone who said coil pack. fitted coil pack from breakers when home from work and hey presto six smooth running cylinders again. all I can assume is that my mechanic didn't actually bother trying coil pack or the one he tried was also faulty (it was off a knackered omega he had sitting around) thanks once again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts