Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried to install a cd palyer into an R reg vectra it all works okay until i turn on the headlights and the lights on the dashboard go out. Anyone have any ideas on what is wrong.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
magners04 said:
I have tried to install a cd palyer into an R reg vectra it all works okay until i turn on the headlights and the lights on the dashboard go out. Anyone have any ideas on what is wrong.
If this is right.....

CD Player works, turn headlights on and it carrys on working but there is no lights on the display and dash?

If so there is an adjuster to the RHS of the steering wheel that turns the level of dash lights up and down.

If you have used the full harness conversation, then the dimmer on ya stereo will be controlled by the car.

If you mean you turn the lights on and ya stereo turns off, then check ya battery! The lights may not mind working on 10v, but ya stereo will kick up a fuss, or rather not! ;)

Hope that helps.

Dave

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it how the CD Player works, turn headlights on and it carrys on working but there is no lights on the display and dash?

I have used a iso convesion for the vauxhall vectra however there where only 2 blocks on the conversion to attach to the vauxhall connections with a bigger block left. If you understand what i have just said.

Where is the adjuster to the RHS of the steering wheel that turns the level of dash lights up and down.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
magners04 said:
Where is the adjuster to the RHS of the steering wheel that turns the level of dash lights up and down.

Thanks.
Either look in the book, or it's just below the headlight switch there is a rolling up and down type variable resistor. Next to the headlight dip roller. The dash lights roller has a triangle next to it, the dip has a 0 1 2 3 next to it.

There ya go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts