Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own the msd development car. Just wanted some back ground info on them and my car imparticular S881 CJL
Thanks

·
Registered
8,734 Posts
The ST3000 was a limited run which were produced by a dealer....Thurlby motor AFAIK. The cars are based on a GSi but with a lot more.......

PaulB: eah the ST3000 looks like a Mk1 GSi.

It basically has a 3.0l v6, AP brakes, Koni's (i think) LSD, lowered final drive, leather interior (recaro) fully leccy windows all round.
BTB bespoke exhaust, and induction and head work.

Oh did i mention the 266bhp @ the fly? :D

The May 02 edition of Total Vauxhall also has a feature on the ST3000 using the Red one that Thrulby motors still had at the tiome.....atleast 1 has been written off also

·
Registered
38,604 Posts
I've actually had the pleasure of driving one! (the one that Total Vauxhall had) Throttle response is great. Really is a nice car to drive.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
As far as I'm aware they had the same spec as the ST200 but with the addition of the following:
small block Chevy 3ltr v6
full leather retrim including front-back seats and doors cards
cruise control
elec rear windows
different alloys (17's but not sure on make)

Cheers

Harvey (Veccy ST200 #.0005 owner)

PS I think Dave Dempsey's old Veccy site is hiding somewhere on the web but can't find it at the moment. There's info on the ST200 and ST3000 on there.

PPS If anyone drops me a main I have scans of the ST, ST200 and MSD options brochures I can mail.

·
Registered
38,604 Posts
3.0 lump was an Omega block I think. Chevy use a different V6, 90 degree V, different engine, I think it's only twin cam as well.

·
Registered
8,734 Posts
The one that was stolen off the forecourt was the red one that belonged to Thurlby motors, it was found and returned....the one that was written off was the silver one, Rob Betts was the Black one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would put some pics up but the 'insert image' button isnt letting me. It comes up ' [lMG]xxx[/lMG]' and don't no what to do!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts