Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've finally managed to get the immobiliser sorted on my Nexia project
Had to bite the bullet and try a new ECU / pickup ring / chip set

I haven't tried spark test or firing up yet but I can at least check fault codes with the paperclip method
I'm getting 2 codes but can anyone shed light on the latter?
( Bearing in mind it could be the reason why the donor car went to the great car park in the sky )

P0410 - Secondary air injection malfunction ( probably because it isn't there... )
P1502 - ???

I have a code reader which just keeps showing "Link error!" but the book has a list of codes
Unfortunately it only goes up to P0999

·
Registered
609 Posts
if google's is correct, its :
  • P1502 Vehicle Speed Sensor Circuit Intermittent

maybe your home-made connector block, on the transponder ring, isnt contacting properly ?
    or youve not got the speed sensor wired in correctly ?
    or the wiring/connector, for the sensor is corroded ?
    or the daewoo sensor you have, isnt compatible with the new vaux engine ?
    or the sensors dodgy ?

... one of those 5 things, if i had to guess.

if i remember rightly, i think the engine should still start, without the speed signal. my memorys crap tho.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now I've found I need to try returning the ECU for replacement
The connector shroud is broken where the latch clamps down which is causing an intermittent issue with the immobiliser
It arrived damaged with no loose plastic in the packet so it was even packed this way!
Pressing down hard on the connector stops the EML flashing, but it may or may not be related to a no spark issue as all those pins are where I need to press down on

On the VSS issue, assuming it isn't related to the connector issue as it goes through the immobiliser, how does the Vectra-B Simtec get it's signal?
I know it comes from the ABS module reading the wheel speed but is it a pulse or a data signal?
I wired up the original Daewoo piggyback sensor to match the Astra C20XE type and hoped for the best

Here's my connector issue:
Grille Bumper Rectangle Automotive exterior Wood

·
Registered
609 Posts
some cable ties, wrapped around the ecu, to clamp the connector down, would probably work.

i wouldnt worry so much about the scan codes.
i'd just try and get the thing started first, and you can sort the other stuff out after

1 - 4 of 4 Posts