Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well as u know i'm breaking the cav turbo on a street and just wanted to put sum picks up of the troop help..aka...sricrew dave and his pssshhhh...turbo.....more pics to come as days go by :p

:eek: Dave...see u in the morning yeah? make sure u ring me mobile to wake me up though k matey :p ;)

SriCrew aka Davey boyo..helping out today

whilst he was doing that, i thought i'd take a shot of his pssshhhhhh.... calibra turbo....

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Nice to see you doing some work Adam. Fair play. I have all this to do on my cav yet. Yje SRi Im stripping.

Micky

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:eek: if yah come at 5 to u could have these.......
[/IMG] mmwuuhahahahahah........:D ;) :p

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well today we started at about 3pm.....i was hunting round bridgend looking for a small lump hammer and other bits

taking the cams out...

cams are out...hurray lol....

in the meantime........when i was pulling sorting out the ecu wiring inside the car dave shouts...OI !!!!!!!!!!! u bast*urd..!!!!!!! eh?!?!??! whats matter dave?!?!?!? that ****en dog is rubbin me side skirt up....lol......next min...ohh don't u fecekn dare u ickle mut....oopss...the dog then pissed on his alloy too rolmfao!!!
(dog on the right is the culprite) pmsl!!!

then we had to take the ole headbolts off....dave in his prime scrunching his face up but acting all smileys for the clip...lol ;)

oh dear slight problem now.... :( one of the head bolts rounded slightly...aghhhh!!!!! adam to the rescue...lol puppeeeeee...powerrssss.....!!!!!!!!! lol

the head is now off sorted ..........

tune in 2morrow for sum morning pics lol...now all we have to do is get the six speed box out and bottom end, drive shafts, braking system and bits n bobs...ugg.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Aint you lot got jobs to go too ? :D

wish i could trash a car all day, putting bolts in the inlet and running it without oil, oh i`d love to do that lmao

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Hi Adam

Just curious but how come you decided to pull the cams out.

Have you decided to use the F28 or not yet. Do you want to fit new bearings and rings. What about uprated conrod bolts.

Also I was wondering which rear engine/gearbox mount do we need to use for the F28 when running 2wd on your 2wd cav gsi.

regards muppet.

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Rig Aint you lot got jobs to go too ?
wish i could trash a car all day, putting bolts in the inlet and running it without oil, oh i`d love to do that
:( I was made redundent on 31st jan matey and sricrew aka dave is not in work till thursday :D what did u mean by 'running it with out oil'? WEll this is the first time ive actually helped take a engine out (muppet :p ;) ) and am enjoying it alot :D but get abit icky icky when i have to find me fecken tools in the dark when we packing up...likewise with dave too :p

cheers adam

*Muppet..........

um we took the cams out cause...(dave..?):confused: :p wanna fit a new headgasket and have a scan about at stuff init. Yeah i was told u need the cav turbo 6 speed gerabox mounts and yes sir eeee im gonna have six speed in me cav :cool: AS for bearings and rings..we talking bout the f28? :confusion: if so well i wanted v-tuning to av a scout about in the box when they fit the 2wd conversition :)

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
sorry to hear about the job front :(
I Was just jessin with ya about the no oil bit, its what i used to do long ago when we had a scrap car, run it with no oil and put bolts down the inlet and wait for the ching ching bang etc.

(i know you want the lump so seems irrelevant now)

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cheers matey..i try not to think about it too much so just get me head down in this wrecked cav turbo really..:( :) keeps me ok for now but when this transplant is complete i'll be like pretty much misearble till i find a job like...don't get me wrong i am applying for em left right and centre but still waiting to here correspondences :rolleyes:

cheers :beer:

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Adam

I reckon you want need to do anything to the F28 apart from get it converted to 2wd by V tuning.

I meant the bearings and rings in the engine so you know it is not worn.

I don't think you need to take the cams out to remove the head.

regards muppet.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Muppet-you're right,cams can stay were they are.
Dave-don't forget the meet this weekend. I wanna see your Cally!!
Adam-Good work mate. Nice to see you doing plenty of hard work:rolleyes: :p Whats happening to the LET? BTW why are you putting the F28 on a XE?? the weight ot it is a big offset,plus the ratios are nicely set up for the powerbands/torque of the LET.:confused:

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
muppet Adam

I reckon you want need to do anything to the F28 apart from get it converted to 2wd by V tuning.

I meant the bearings and rings in the engine so you know it is not worn.

I don't think you need to take the cams out to remove the head.

regards muppet.
well i rather be safe and check the gearbox cause i didnt get a chance to drive the car init...:rolleyes: all i could do was start the engine thanks to your skills ;)

how much will bearings and rings cost though..? and can i do this myself?

as for the cams....dave thought it best to take them out the way...

jjcymru:
yup for now...won't be putting the leather in for abit and then not sure what im doing with it after that...

Cavlad:

the f28 aint going in me NA c20xe matey..its going in me c20let
:D

:beer:

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Another day working on the cav turbo........

Well today we started off taking the covers off and getting back down to work. I started trying to take the exhaust system off cause it was basically in the way of getting the bottom end, f28 box and tranny box out of the car. As i was wacking knuckles, shouting and balling at cuts n bruises and having rench slip problems on rusty fecken nuts on the exhaust clamps....all of a sudden wwwwuushhhhhhh...!!!!! DIY Dave (sricrew) arrived nearly missing my feet sticking out of the car and on top of that penny was inside the car ripping out more bits and bobs and when she heard the wusshhhh she opend the pis*ing door and nearly took my fooken head off as i was popping out from under the driver side door!!!!! aaghhhhHHHH...!!!! :mad: :(

So after screaming and shouting at penny...i thought i'd take a picture moment of Dave as he drove back up the street and parked well away from me!

:p

In the day we had problems about taking the bottom end off...and f28.....and trany box. Dave took the idle control valve and starter motor out the way and whilst he was doing that i was still breaking balls at trying to get the barsteward zorst system off....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Getting the crank shaft bolt undone.....We tryed jamming a spanner attached to mole grips in the flywheel but time after time it just wouldn't hold the teeth in place so we eventually gave up on that and carryed on trying to take the system off and cat pipe and downpipe etc etc...

I ended up finding a blow torch that pennys pop had so had a go at torching the pipe joins and ummm errr still didnt work..penny had a hose pipe near by just inncase i went up in flames...lol.Dave had a go then and well we still didnt get fecken anywhere...so in the end i just ripped the back box off the system..and job done :D

Good ponits about the day:
I nearly had my misrebale life taking away by a pshhh and door creak opening

Got the annoyingly exhaust system off

Bad points of the day:
Couldn't get the flywheel to jam so Dave could get the crank shaft bolt off so i can get new bearings and seals put in the block

Couldn't find a wayb to get bottom end out, F28 box or tranny box out unless we had a hoist to hold it all

Couldn't get the basterd locking wheel nut off the fron t wheel to get that out the way.
:(

*we ain't touching the car now till Monday now but Muppet is hopefully coming round Friday to have a scan at bits and bobs...even though it's valentines day :confused: :p

1 - 20 of 41 Posts